Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi After Awarded Tdiu

Rate this question

ncjoe1970

Question

My hearing is coming up next month for my SSDI claim. I have been on TDIU since March 2011 and my lawyer swears we have a very good chance of winning this case because I am already receiving TDIU from the VA. I have been turned down by Social Security before but have never had a hearing.

Most cases I see on here have already been awarded SSDI, before they received TDIU. I'm the opposite. Anyone else had a case like mine ?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My hearing is coming up next month for my SSDI claim. I have been on TDIU since March 2011 and my lawyer swears we have a very good chance of winning this case because I am already receiving TDIU from the VA. I have been turned down by Social Security before but have never had a hearing.

Most cases I see on here have already been awarded SSDI, before they received TDIU. I'm the opposite. Anyone else had a case like mine ?

The IU should certainly help to support your claim for SSDI, be sure to take a COPY of your IU decision, award letter

to your SSA Hearing, to leave with them.

I believe when you finally WIN your SSA claim, SSA holds back (does not pay for) the first 5 or 6 months, but

you should get the rest in retro.

Only from my experience's, they don't tell you at the Hearing if you WIN or not, but I think you're going to WIN this time.

Hopefully in six months or so you get a letter from SSA that states something like FULLY FAVORABLE !

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Carlie,

It has been a battle from beginning to end. The first two appts with Social Security were a joke. One doctors office was in the back of a public library and the other doctors office was so nasty the fish tank was so green you could not see through it. It was a waste of time and now I finally will see a judge to make a decision. My attorney seems very positive about this case, but with all I have been through over the years I question everything.

Thank you for your quick reply and I hope you are right. I'm tired of talking about my PTSD over and over again.

I'm trying Philip. I have a very short temper with my PTSD and have been to hell and back over the years. Finding this site has been very helpful as I trust my fellow veterans than any VA doctor etc.....

Just trying to live as normal life as I can...

Thanks again....

• HadIt.com Elder

ncjoe1970 - life can get better but it takes a while. You'll never be who you were before PTSD but believe it or not you can be very proud of who you will be. Stay in counseling. Take meds on occasion, if needed. These days I rarely get angry because I kinda realize it doesn't help anything. I still have problems becoming close with others cuz I don't want the pain that will come w/it. Stay safe, bro!

pr