Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi After Awarded Tdiu

Rate this question

ncjoe1970

Question

My hearing is coming up next month for my SSDI claim. I have been on TDIU since March 2011 and my lawyer swears we have a very good chance of winning this case because I am already receiving TDIU from the VA. I have been turned down by Social Security before but have never had a hearing.

Most cases I see on here have already been awarded SSDI, before they received TDIU. I'm the opposite. Anyone else had a case like mine ?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have a similar issue. I was denied SSD in June 2012 and at that time was 40% SC through the VA. Put in my appeal. Then in October of 2012 was granted 100% through the VA, sent in my new rating letter to the appeal board which sent it back to the judge for another review. They had me do a review with a Psychologist just of couple months ago. I got a phone call today from my lawyer saying that they are wanting to set up another hearing in front of the SSD judge. That time and date hasn't been said yet though. So i'm hoping for the best on this one. Wish i didn't have to do a hearing, those things make me want to blow up!

ss is getting harder and harder to get because so many people are manipulating the system, and it doesnt matter so much what your doctor says. The doc they sent me to said she believed I was disabled but that didnt really matter. Other people in the government make the descision. One thing they will do is ask if you can answer a phone. if you say yes, they can deny you just based on that sometimes. It is a given that you need a lawyer. If a lawyer took on your case, its pretty solid that you are diabled, because they dont take cases they dont think they can win. One thing you want to be prepared for ive been told, is if the judge looks you square in the eyes and asks. Sir tell me why you believe you are disabled... Make sure you have a great statement to tell the judge. Also be specific if he ask how long you can stand without great pain, dont say not long, say 3 minute,s , 5 minutes, 10 minutes. because that info gets plugged in by a medical person, to see what jobs you can do. If you can only sit for 1o minutes without standing or going lie down, tell them that.

If they ask why you cant answer a phone for 8 hours a day, and you have problems concetraing, dont sleep well and could doze off, are forgetful, get easily irritated and risk cursing someone out, are depressed and might start crying on the phone, ect, tell them, so it helps your case.

also

the younger you are the harder it is to get ss sometimes.

the goobermint does nt want to pay a 44 yr old person, ss for 35 years, and know they will never get another nickel out of that person to put in the coffers.

They already have millions on foodstamps and wefare who think that is thier occupation, for several generations.

I have not worked at all for 3 years. My PTSD has gotten worse, not better over the years and I have an explosive temper. I stay at home and away from people or large crowds. My answer for confrontation is a fist fight. I hate the way I am, yet I will NOT see another VA psychiatrist. They had me on enough Xanax to sedate a horse. I don't trust them anymore. I have been to several different psychiatrist, rehab, and a psych ward over the years. I am trying to find myself again. One day hopefully I will....

Edited by ncjoe1970

Joe prayer can help , if you ask, Jesus will help you. If you truly accept jesus to come into your life and put your problems in his hands, he will help., you dont have to see the whole staircase to take one step. just take that one step. You can either worry abt it, or put it in his hands, but you cant do both. I will pray for you .

also keep in mind, financially your doing better than alot of us, im grinding by on 1250,oo a month, trying to raise a 2 tennagers, one that is autistic. lluckily i live in a small house, and drive old vehicles, and keep my bills low. I havent bought new clothes in 10 years, we get stuff from yard sales and goodwill. we have even made the trip to food banks pretty regularly,. my wife has a mouth full of painful bad teeth, that we cant afford to get fixed. I recently got the 60 percent, and was at 40 for a long time before that., a whopping 700.00 a month. if I was getting 3200.00 a month, property tax exemption from the state, I would run up and down the street jumping up and down like I won the lottery, and fall to my knees and thank GOD for the blessing.