Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Can't Even Believe It.....

Rate this topic

apachegirl

14 months to the day..... Claim closed today. I snuck in to check my AB8 letter. My new contention was Hypothyroidism which I figured the MOST I would get would be 60% for that which would put me combined at 80%. I was OK with that...

Checked my letter and to my shock....

Combined Evaluation

100 percent

I don't even know what to feel at this point. I was NOT expecting this at all. I am grateful that is for sure. I am just baffled by the Effective date which reads June 1, 2013 (I filed this claim August 10, 2012). I don't know if it is a fluke and I will not plan for anything until I receive my letters in the mail.

CHEERS!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations!! I've seen other people say that the date that shows in ebennies is not accurate. So I wouldn't let that get in the way of that great feeling you have today of winning your claim. When the bbe comes in the mail it will most likely have the correct date on it. Congrats to you again!!!

This is fabulous News !!!!!!

Maybe the EED was a ebenefits typo....... the award letter will sure tell you more.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congratulations apachegirl!! There has been a lot of movement of claims during the last week. Harleyman said that the RO's were working hard on completing as many claims as possible before any furloughs occurred. I'm happy for you and the others who are finally getting some success! Every win is a victory :smile:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use