Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Turndown At Alj Level?

Rate this question

donnieben03

Question

'Just wondering, I'm 100% P&T for PTSD and have been turned down twice for soc sec disability. Both times they said I didn't have enough work credits but I appealed and waited 14 months for hearing before ALJ. Had my hearing two weeks ago and the ALJ said that my work credits problem was resolved in my favor------ so now my question ---- has anyone who is otherwise eligible for ssdi been turned down with a ptsd diagnosis that has been made by several doctors. Has anyone ever heard of anyone not winning award at ALJ for ptsd. My lawyer said we did good at the hearing but my ptsd anxiety won't allow me to relax waiting for the decision. Everyone please answer

Vietnam 67-68

100% PT

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The question about my work credits was resolved when SS realized that they had left out two years of income on my social security account (I had W-2's for those years that they accepted and that gave me enough work credits.) But, that was not resolved until after the second turndown. After they gave me the second turndown I appealed for a ALJ hearing and I waited for 14 months for my hearing which was just a few weeks ago. At the hearing the ALJ stated that I did have enough credits so he would be ruling on my PTSD. My case file from ss (that I was able to review prior to my hearing) contains progress notes and medical opinions from several doctors (all of whom have diagnosed PTSD). In addition, they have a copy of my C&P in which the shrink stated that I was dangerous when angry and my prognosis is poor. So, the decision will be adjudicated based on my PTSD. Given these facts has anyone ever been turned down or heard of anyone being turned down for SSDI in a similar situation. Thanks for the replys.

Vietnam 67-68

100% PT

• HadIt.com Elder
The question about my work credits was resolved when SS realized that they had left out two years of income on my social security account (I had W-2's for those years that they accepted and that gave me enough work credits.) But, that was not resolved until after the second turndown. After they gave me the second turndown I appealed for a ALJ hearing and I waited for 14 months for my hearing which was just a few weeks ago. At the hearing the ALJ stated that I did have enough credits so he would be ruling on my PTSD. My case file from ss (that I was able to review prior to my hearing) contains progress notes and medical opinions from several doctors (all of whom have diagnosed PTSD). In addition, they have a copy of my C&P in which the shrink stated that I was dangerous when angry and my prognosis is poor. So, the decision will be adjudicated based on my PTSD. Given these facts has anyone ever been turned down or heard of anyone being turned down for SSDI in a similar situation. Thanks for the replys.

Nope. Oughta be a breeze.

Quit worrying about it.

Go have a bowl of Ice Cream.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Donnie

Do you have a lawyer or are you doing it on your own. I think lawyers are good if you have to go through the appeals in front of the judge. These guys all play golf together. It is a game of "share the wealth". I wish my VA claims went as easy as SSDI. Three months and I had my claim approved with the SSA. 30 years with the VA and I am still filing claims.

I too filed in March 2004 and now is just having my ALJ hearing Sept. 20, 2006. I wrote my Senators and Congressmen last year with a dire need letter. All Offices said they could only inquire about my hearing status and I basically had to wait the 17-19 month waiting period. Another thing I think that the Reconsideration level should be done away with because they don't overturn original decision no matter how much evidence u put on their desk adding about 8 more additional months to the process.