Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Aggravated..maybe I Just Need More Coffee..or Less..

Rate this question

penny337

Question

They say they have everything needed even though e-benefits says different.
They verified that I'm still married with the Authorization Review(I think that's what that is) and have sent notification but I have not received anything.

I know Reno is among the slowest RO's but for a simple re-evaluation I can't help but get so frustrated.
I have a new claim to file with all paperwork ready (started on e-ben but not sent) don't want to send until this review is resolved.

Are reviews at the bottom of the list they work on?(been in Prep for Decision since April 18,2013)

Open Claimshelp_icon.gifStatusClaim TypeUpdatesActions

12/18/2012 At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim PREPARATION FOR DECISION Compensation Evidence Requested is Past Due Upload DocumentationView Required Evidence

Historical ClaimsPlease be advised that Historical Claims will show claims that were closed on or after January 1, 2008. If you have a question concerning a claim that was closed prior to this date, please contact our toll free number at 1-800-827-1000

. 04/16/2013 Authorization Review 09/10/2013 Appeal is PossibleDecision Notification Sent View Board of Veterans’ Appeals Status 10/30/2012 Rating Review 12/18/2012 Appeal is PossibleDecision Notification Sent View Board of Veterans’ Appeals Status

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Penny your claim is similar to mine. Mine has a start date of Jan 22 2013. It is also a Administration Review and I have been in Prep for Decision since May 18. And last, mine also says, At this time your RO can not provide an estimated completion date. I'm not sure what the difference is between a Administration Review and a regular claim.

Edited by infantry10

penny337,

actually, the Reno is not the worst, nor is it in the top 10 of the worst VARO's. Please don't rely on ebenefits for your information. It is often inaccurate with information concerning the veteran. I have seen this too many times with the veterans that I see.

When you submit an additional claim, don't do it over the ebenefits site, again, this site is not accurate and even being computerized, claims get lost. I can also state that with 100% certainty. Also, the dates provided on the ebenefits site are for VA. if they go past a written date, they just change it to another date. Don't rely on the suspense dates.

I would suggest that when your current claim is completed, then submit your additional claim. By submitting a new claim, it will only create complete havoc on your current claim. When you submit an additional claim, complete a VA FM 21-526ez (fully developed claim). Submit all your medical evidence with the claim. These (FDC's) are being completed a lot quicker than a normal claim. Also, when you submit your claim, make a copy before doing so. That way you will have a paper copy of what you submitted and send it to the VA certified return receipt. Again, you don't have that when submitting a claim on line.

good luck!

Edited by meghp0405