Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1 Success, And On To Another Appeal!

Rate this topic

Bevo

I talked to my VSO today. My cervical spine got 10%, which I expected based on ROM, but I thought they might take into account that both the c&p doc and my doc said it makes my arm go numb... but no.

My bilateral shoulders got 0%. It should have 10% for painful motion. The c&p examiner wrote down that I had painful motion, then checked no in the painful motion box. He did a lot of stuff like that. He checked that the injuries interfered with my work then in the comments wrote that they don't. I talked to someone at VA who recommended I also request an increase for my PTSD from 10 to 30% and I found records of positive TBI screening so I will be doing the following:

Filing a claim for TBI.

Filing an increase for PTSD.

Appealing the 10% for cervical spine, saying they should have rated the numbness to the arm.

Appealing the 0% to the shoulders for painful motion.

The good news is, I did move up from 30% to 40%.

PTSD- 10% Denied in 2008, won on review in 2008

Tinnitus - 10% Denied in 2008, won on review in 2008

Left Knee - 10% Denied in 2008, won on review, August, 2013

Lumbar Strain - 10% Denied in 2008, won on review, August 2012

Cervical Spine Myofascial Pain Syndrome - 10% Denied in 2008, won on review October 2013

Bilateral Shoulders Myofascial Pain Syndrome - 0%. Denied in 208, won on review October 2013

It seems I just knock one peg down at a time, they hope I will go away, but I just keep coming.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nerves in your arms come from the neck area. so u might want to get your neck checked. I chiropractor can be a great source of information abt the spine. nobody knows more than they do abt that. The va was lying to me for years, and I knew I had bad problems, /. the chiropractor pointed my issues out right away, and said he is familiar with how the va denies problems.

also if the cp examiner goofed, u can get a re exam., I just went thru that, because evidently you can graduate medical school, and not know how to use a tape measure and measure a scar properly, . the next guy I seen, that knew this cp doc, just laughed, and gave me the inclination that he was a goofball.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Dont give them an inch , fight everything that you believe is in error.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use