VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Hearing Set For January

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Been waiting for about a 1 1/2 and my attorney is flying in from Texas. They are very confident with all the VA records and they are actually going to use Dr. Bash's two letters he wrote as an IMO. They said they can also use this letter for SSDI. They said they seen people with my condition all the time but its rare they see it in all three parts of the spine unless your an older person.

The smack middle of January is my hearing and I hope the ALJ reads the records. I do know they are going to have a voc counselor there but what they don't realize is I was in Voc Rehab and doing great with a 3.8 GPA then boom my lower back went out and is now causing all kinds of problems in my legs, feet and toes. Its really weird and one part of the spine goes it all goes. Anyway I had to quit VOC Rehab because I now can't remember anything within 10 minutes if I read something because of all the medications I am on. I am on a high dose of Gabapentin and now taking Percocet. Its bad I had to wait since January 2010 to even get any pain killers like this but the Neurologist finally see how much pain I was in after I "went off" on him on the phone. He "finally" did a full exam on me which was something he never did before but he wrote on previous reports he did. He lied and I caught him in a lie and I told him I was going to report this false report to my Senator. He brought me in and did the exam and realized how bad I was. I asked him if I could go back to work (Something I really want to) but he said he can't write than on the report because his supervisor has to. I told him I wanted his opinion and he said "No you can't go back to work". We now have an understanding with each other that I only want to be treated and I will do my best to get treated.

Anyway, the Sunday after the SSDI hearing, I am going to enter the Pain Management Program for 19 days at the Tampa VA. They will bring me off the percocet (Which I don't like BTW but it helps). So, I know if my SSDI gets approved the VA Regional Office has to change their decisions on the De Novo Review of my claims. After this hearing I am going to write an amended claim asking for them to inter-twine all my claims because they all are related to my spine, every one of them. The BVA and CVAC as already said that the regional office MUST inter-twine them if one rating can affect another if they are related. I expect to be 100% P&T scheduler once SSDI makes their decision. All my SSDI claims are the same things as my VA claims.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pay them for what???

The lawyer did not even submit my claim, so his secretary retired from the SSA and she informed me to fill out application online, and if I win I just pay them back later.

Free,

You are right, I should have just filed the claim and followed it online myself. My best friend is on SSDI for Parkensons and he knows more about the system than me. I was so intimidated in the beginning and thought having worthless Lawyers made process easier, boy was I wrong. I am waiting on a Employee Termination Form from the state of Texas as I was an agent. When I get that next week going to mail that in with updated medication list, on 13 now, and then I will be on the old waiting list to see if SSDI is approved or denied. It is hard to believe with so much evidence that I would be denied, but we already know how the Govt is.

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually, the SSDI lawyers don't get involved until you have been denied a few times. If you are going in front of a SSA judge you want a lawyer.