Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30% To 70% Question

Rate this question

mojo13

Question

I files claim back on 8/30/10 effective date for PSTD and was granted 30% on 3/7/2011. On 3/23/2011 I sent a NOD to RO indicating my support of a higher rating witch was received by RO on 3/24/2011. On 12/14/2013 was granted an increase of 40% too 70% up from 30% and now rated at 70%..My question is this they are only giving me my reto from my last C&P which was 9/9/2013 4 months. My effective date was 8/30/10 and NOD dated 3/23/11. I have been fighting this increase for close too two years, showed them by med evidence that my PSTD has gone hay wire why did they only grant me 4 months retro instead of reto from 8/30/2010 from which I first claimed

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Received retro on 12/24/13 but only of 3months instead of 38 months. I did notice that on Ebenefits it shows my future payment at 70% but an effective date of 9/8/13 ??? did they give me increase base on new C&P given on 9/8/13. ???? Three other appeals were certified and are being sent to BVA from RO to Washington. My VSO rep help me with forms and sent out. Now he said 12 to 18 months at BVA

Hoping this will all come out in the wash and you will get your proper ED. As usual looks like they are doing their best to try and get you to accept what they want to give you without a fight.

press on as you are doing and you should win!

Stillhere

Well here is the latest on my BVA appeal, I elected to have a hearing at he RO with a VLJ in St Pete RO. I did file my form 9 and form 21-8940 and my VSO said he is pushing for my IU which I forgot I had filed for. Anyway I have set more evidence regarding my Unemployability to my VSO so it can been seen by the VLJ. Iam now at an PRRC program four days a wk for ????? long. The program is Psychosocial rehabilitation and Recovery center. I have not worked in 12 years since 2002. My social worker here at the VA center has given me a letter stating I cannot work and come to this program. This program is outpatient only for long term recovery and learn to cope with major and severe mental illness affective disorders and PTSD. I was given 70% back in 8/9/13 and the paper work for Unemployability etc was started two years prior. I looks good for me what do you guys think ????? Will let you guys know as it comes together