Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You're Terminated!

Rate this topic

Loose Cannon

63SIERRA- I agree with you. Firing my VSO wasn't a choice I took lightly. In fact, from what I've learned here it wouldn't be smart if my claims were in appeal status,etc. so I don't see it hurting me. In my case they were not performing "Perry Mason like duties", nor did I expect them to. If I wanted that I would've hired a lawyer. I did expect them to perform simple admin functions (ensuring VA got copies of what I sent, advice, and periodic updates). I was let down and now I am acting on my own behalf. Honestly, I don't think the VA reads into it as anything more.

NOTORIOUS KELLY- You are so correct! Knowledge is power...I learn something new every day. If it's too late to help me it might be something that others can benefit from. And I echo your thoughts on the truly helpful & dedicated VSO's out there...your efforts on the behalf of vets is much appreciated!

Thanks for the comments all. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2014!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

I think when my claims (Retro, Dependency/Helpless Child, Compensation) are finalized I will do as someone here said and request that they take me off their membership roles. Hope they use my $$ to fill up the vans they use to provide rides to my fellow vets' transportation to/from local VAMC's...That would be acceptable...Other than that, I am done with them.

What amazes me is how many of us have had poor experiences like mine. Not all, but way to many...What a shame.

The mobile vans that the DAV uses are donated by Ford. Harley Davidson provides all maintenance and fuel costs for the Vans. Many people don't know that, I think its phenomenal these organizations provide these!

Holy cow! I had no idea. That is awesome. Jeez...and I was giving credit to the DAV since THEIR decals are all over those vehicles. I guess it's due to the drivers being DAV volunteers? Guess I'll have to keep looking for something they do well on their own.

Thanks Meg...that was good to know info...I bet a lot of people have no idea!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

If a service organization fails just even one veteran, then they are a failure as an organization. EVERY veteran is VERY important and deserves the best. If it is not thier creed, that no veteran should be failed, then I dont want them. All this chitter chatter abt some service officers are good some bad, aint cutting it. theres too much at stake. were not talking abt resturants, or health clubs, were talking abt lives, and futures, of the best of the best this country has produced. who is better than I , the soldier, the veteran. I cant think of anyone. can you?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Would be cooler if Harley Davidson picked up veterans in motorcycles with sidecars

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

The DAV does have an extensive volunteer network inside the VA hospitals. Moving Patients around, information booths, Even providing coffee for veterans.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use