Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva

Rate this question

mojo13

Question

I have just receive notice that my appeals have been certified and sent to BVA, does this mean I no longer can follow my appeals on Ebenefits and 800 number???? My VSO said he took care of all my paper work but I followed up on my own just to make sure. Any advice ????

4 answers to this question

I dont know how ebenefits works (they don't let us widows use it)

but these are the contact numbers I used for a BVA appeal I had some time ago:

BVA 1-800-923-8387

Also BVA 1-202-461-8069

BVA Fax 1-202-343-1889

BVA Ombudsman email addy …..bvaombudsman@va.gov

“My VSO said he took care of all my paper work but I followed up on my own just to make sure”

Good for you.

After my C file was transferred to the BVA I sent the BVA (with a USPS tracking slip) copies of all of the evidence my VARO had ignored, and also some additional evidence.

I checked with the Ombudsman to make sure the BVA got it all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you going for a Hearing or just a written review? How much do you trust this VSO? Unless you are in love with him I would get a lawyer, or if you think you can win with just your evidence I might keep the VSO on board. If not shop around for a lawyer. You won't get a quicker decision, but at least your claim will be ready for CAVC.

John

I agree with John999, if you have all the medical documentation to support your claim, it's now in the hands of the BVA. Nothing you or a lawyer can do for it now. If the BVA denies your claim, then I would obtain a lawyer if you want to continue with the appeals process. The NVLSP has lawyers that will handle your claim at the CVAC. It may not hurt to possibly contact the NVLSP and see if they will review what you have submitted.