Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stop The Meds For The C&p Exam?

Rate this question

Warone

Question

Wondering if the VA and C&P exam considers the veteran is now dependent on Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Ambien to live a normal life without depression and anger, etc... I'm not such a butthole with a short temper when I'm taking these pills and I can get at least 4-5 hours of sleep every night. so the Examiner, just like my Psychiatrist writes, "Session with patient today was pleasant, he is in good spirits, no sign of depression, etc." In others words, while I'm taking these darn pills, my symptoms are masked. Should I worry about this when I file for benefits. Should I stop the meds so I can be my normal un-drugged self (short tempered, depressed, angry, worrisome, etc.) when I see the examiner? When I file. (Apparently not all of the worry is masked because I'm worrying about this stuff!)

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the info... I'm going to go with describing some of the worst days and moments. I understand that the meds are supposed to be short term but I'm such a better person with them than without. I told my Psych and Therapist that I want to be on them for the rest of my life. Just my story, everyone has their own? I'm so glad I stumbled upon this website.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was taking a very healthy dose of Clonzepam a few years ago. I just decided to stop taking the stuff for some reason. I did have some truly awful withdrawal effects. I thought I was immune to these changes for some reason. I also had some nasty symptoms when I stopped taking one of the SSRI's suddenly. Some of the pills such as Clonzepam can cause seizures if you stop taking them suddenly. If you stop taking narcotics you will have some days of classic symptoms....chills, sweating, muscle cramping, etc, but it usually won't kill you. You may wish you were dead kicking a dope habit, but some of the most commonly used drugs for anxiety can kill you if you stop suddenly.

well after some soul searching, I will not STOP taking my meds. As friend on here as stated, my life is more important, and that I agree with. I will take all my meds with me as show and tell. I will also give the most vivid recount of my experience I had in Vietnam. Thanks to all on here for there concern and input