Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My Unemployability Back

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

count me as one of the veterand who did not get the form to fill out for 2013. i find out today quite by accident they have removed it. i know i can get it back but its a pain. plz help. thank you.

Sure...but that wouldn't necessarily mean that they SENT you any required notification. Also...the first time I requested/screened the record the VA had on me I found a 2 page document belonging to another vet in MY file...amazing, huh? Yeah, had THEIR ssn and name on it yet somehow, it managed to get in MY file. Mistakes happen...part of life I suppose. I'd talk with someone in person at your RO even if it is a major inconvenience to you. This is important!

LC

regional is almost 200 miles from where i live. i am wheelchair bound and no longer drive. i would need to offer a friend or my sister a kings ransom to go there. i'd find a way.

i recently learned i can request an audit of my file. i understand that will tell me who has looked at it and when. not sure that will tell me whats in it. i also understand i can request a copy of my c-file too. all true?

iceturkee,

Here's a link that will answer many of your questions. Keep me posted...Hope it is helpful.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/C-File.html

LC

Edited by Loose Cannon

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• HadIt.com Elder

pr, i will be 64 next month in about 6 weeks. social security said i didn't have enough work credits for a ten year period. i would have to go back to 1992 when i last worked full time. i freelanced for a number of years and never reported income. in 2000, i worked for almost 2 years part time, until i received my nsc pension. i applied for social security in late 2001, 3 months before my 62nd birthday.

Could you have been considered "disabled" back in 1992? I would re-apply, for SSDI, using 1992 as the disability onset date or some time during the five yr period, between 1992 and 1997. If you were found to be disabled then, they could award you SSDI retro to now or even 2001. It's worth the try. jmo

pr

UPDATE: turns out someone changed something on the computer they weren't suppose to. spoke with the enrollement clerk who verified nothing had changed and their was no pending action. thanks for all of your help. as you can imagine, this has been a stressful week.

UPDATE: turns out someone changed something on the computer they weren't suppose to. spoke with the enrollement clerk who verified nothing had changed and their was no pending action. thanks for all of your help. as you can imagine, this has been a stressful week.

Great news to hear! Much like a roller coaster...strap in and hold on 'till the "ride" comes to a complete stop!

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html