Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My Unemployability Back

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

count me as one of the veterand who did not get the form to fill out for 2013. i find out today quite by accident they have removed it. i know i can get it back but its a pain. plz help. thank you.

I bypassed all that. When I am confident I have no more evidence to submit, I use the existing "Statement in Support of Claim" form and write a one line statement to that affect. Sign & date, mail it off cert mail w/ RR and sit back and wait. No guessing, no games to play at least on that aspect of my claims.

LC

CFR 38

§3.217 Submission of statements or information affecting entitlement to benefits.

(a) For purposes of this part, unless specifically provided otherwise, the submission of information or a statement that affects entitlement to benefits by e-mail, facsimile, or other written electronic means, will satisfy a requirement or authorization that the statement or information be submitted in writing.

Note to paragraph (a): Section 3.217(a) merely concerns the submission of information or a statement in writing. Other requirements specified in this part, such as a requirement to use a specific form, to provide specific information, to provide a signature, or to provide a certified statement, must still be met.

Edited by Loose Cannon

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Ever wonder why everything has to be so confrontational with the VA?? I'll be sending in a form once a month to prevent this fiasco from happening. Chances are good they'll screw up once and lose the form...but 12 times? Even the VA can get it right once if I give 'em 12 attempts I hope!

LC

i wouldn't hold my breath!

• HadIt.com Elder

iceturkee - you stated you don't get SSDI because you don't have enough work credits?? If that's the case you need to use the day after you last worked as your date of "disability onset," and appeal that decision. Claimants are routinely denied because they wait over 5 yrs before applying for SSDI, making them ineligible because of a lack of credits.

Also, how do you know you are being reduced??? You wrote: "i find out today quite by accident they have removed it."

pr

iceturkee - you stated you don't get SSDI because you don't have enough work credits?? If that's the case you need to use the day after you last worked as your date of "disability onset," and appeal that decision. Claimants are routinely denied because they wait over 5 yrs before applying for SSDI, making them ineligible because of a lack of credits.

Also, how do you know you are being reduced??? You wrote: "i find out today quite by accident they have removed it."

pr

when i applied for social security before my 62nd birthday, i applied for ssd and was told i didn't have the necessary work credits. and yes, when i learned about the denal appointment being cancelled, i called my mental health tele coordinator who confirmed it no longer said i was being paid 100 percent because of unemployability and the p&t remark went from yes to no. as of last friday, i have received nothing from the va. and as i stated, my january check was for 100 percent.

Edited by iceturkee

• HadIt.com Elder

when i applied for social security before my 62nd birthday, i applied for ssd and was told i didn't have the necessary work credits. and yes, when i learned about the denal appointment being cancelled, i called my mental health tele coordinator who confirmed it no longer said i was being paid 100 percent because of unemployability and the p&t remark went from yes to no. as of last friday, i have received nothing from the va. and as i stated, my january check was for 100 percent

iceturkee - when was your denial?? What's your age now? How long ago was the SSDI denial?? What is your work history?? When did you last work, full time??

Don't worry too much about a reduction now, until you get the Letter of intent to reduce. In the meantime submit the form for last yr.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

iceturkee - when was your denial?? What's your age now? How long ago was the SSDI denial?? What is your work history?? When did you last work, full time??

Don't worry too much about a reduction now, until you get the Letter of intent to reduce. In the meantime submit the form for last yr.

pr

pr, i will be 64 next month in about 6 weeks. social security said i didn't have enough work credits for a ten year period. i would have to go back to 1992 when i last worked full time. i freelanced for a number of years and never reported income. in 2000, i worked for almost 2 years part time, until i received my nsc pension. i applied for social security in late 2001, 3 months before my 62nd birthday.

Edited by iceturkee