VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Ace Phone Interview For Tinnitus Claim

Rate this question

SecondChance

Question

Hey there, this is my second post and am still figuring it all out! So the nitty gritty....

I filed my claim for tinnitus in Sep '12. So on Jan 7 I had an ACE phone interview with someone from the VHA. He saked me 5 questions about my hearing, what I did on Active Duty, how my daily life is affected etc. So my question is this...how are they testing the tinnitus over the phone. Can such a call really give them enough information to determine whether or not I will be granted tinnitus. Has anyone else ever had an ACE exam? Does the ACE work in my favor or hurt me in the end?

I decided to look in ebenny (i know its not reliable) my claim went from under review to prep for decision in 2 days. How does that make sense? Should I be concerned about a denial since it moved so quickly?

Thanks so much for all of your help with this. I would also loke to say that this forum helped me immensely esp with my original claim. Special thanks to Tbird as well!!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

SecondChance - my bad on the USMC comment. Not sure what gave me that impression looking back at the tread so I must have gotten my i's crossed and my t's dottet somewhere...hee-hee! Please forgive me.

LC

Can I say thanks to everyone. My claim is finished and I got my 10% for Tinnitus. I giess MOS really has nothing to do with it after all! I will admit seeing that comment irritated me a bit because it was so cut and dry, and when dealing with the VA nothing is cut and dry! I am constantly on this forum looking at posts and learning si much! My first claim finishedin less than 8 months and my second in 5 months. So reading the posts about peoples' claim taking years to finish kept me grounded! If they can wait years, so can I!

Thanks for all the help, support and advice!

SecondChance - Very happy to hear your good news...Congrats! After viewing asknod's comment, Post #12 of this thread, I commend you on your restraint. His comment was not only insulting and condescending, but it proved to be completely WRONG.

Amazing nobody calls him out on not just his content, but his arrogance. This attitude is NOT reflective of this website, yet it is becoming more and more accepted it appears. Disregard jerks who act like this. Just no place in society for that stuff.

Enjoy your win!

LC

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey there, this is my second post and am still figuring it all out! So the nitty gritty....

I filed my claim for tinnitus in Sep '12. So on Jan 7 I had an ACE phone interview with someone from the VHA. He saked me 5 questions about my hearing, what I did on Active Duty, how my daily life is affected etc. So my question is this...how are they testing the tinnitus over the phone. Can such a call really give them enough information to determine whether or not I will be granted tinnitus. Has anyone else ever had an ACE exam? Does the ACE work in my favor or hurt me in the end?

I decided to look in ebenny (i know its not reliable) my claim went from under review to prep for decision in 2 days. How does that make sense? Should I be concerned about a denial since it moved so quickly?

Thanks so much for all of your help with this. I would also loke to say that this forum helped me immensely esp with my original claim. Special thanks to Tbird as well!!

I don't think that a phone has enough frequency response. Remember that a decent phone is optimized for speech, and may actually make tinnitus seem to be at a lesser

level than it is.

SecondChance - Very happy to hear your good news...Congrats! After viewing asknod's comment, Post #12 of this thread, I commend you on your restraint. His comment was not only insulting and condescending, but it proved to be completely WRONG.

Amazing nobody calls him out on not just his content, but his arrogance. This attitude is NOT reflective of this website, yet it is becoming more and more accepted it appears. Disregard jerks who act like this. Just no place in society for that stuff.

Enjoy your win!

LC

I agree LC. It has become more of the norm. However, I hope many people who post and just browse for information can tell the difference between the replies with good intentions, and those that reply because they seek some sort of attention. I look for certain peoples' responses and replies and was thrilled you replied to one of mine!

I am done claiming all I needed to claim for the VA. I only had two contentions and won them both thanks to the information you have posted! So when I have a drink tonight, I shall toast to you and others like you for all your advice!