Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Envelope Recieved, Need Massive Help Please

Rate this question

usdart

Question

They want more Evidence so I have to fill out some forms.

21-0781

21-4138

21-0781a

Since my VSO has flown the coup I am lost.

What are some key words I should use in my descriptions that will help?

I do not have a puple heart or any of the list of Service medals.

Is a Viet Nam ribbon a Combat Action Badge?

Can I use my DD214 which says I participated in 'Operation Rock Crusher'.this was the routing of the enemy during the incursion into Cambodia. The last major campaign of the War. Wikipedia has a very good discription of it that I can also include. I was never officially awarded this either and should have been according to my DD214.

My 'stressors' were incured during this Offensive so I want to describe them using the right verbage to shine the brightest light I can.

Edited by usdart

• HadIt.com Elder

usdart - thanks! 2/35 Arty, huh. Somewhere, way back, many yrs ago, I helped another 2/35 Arty vet, w/his claim. At the time, I was making a trip to the National Archives, for myself, and located some records, he needed, for a claim. I think he was w/them 69-70, not sure. I don't even remember his name.

Somewhere, I have a book, that was authored by one of the archivists, at the National Archives, about 15yrs ago, that lists every VN units locations and when. I think it's at my home, in NC. I'll be headed down there, soon, for about 2-3 wks, and will locate it, then and get back to you - so stick around Hadit.com for a month or so, so I can maybe help ya.

Thanks!

pr

usdart - thanks! 2/35 Arty, huh. Somewhere, way back, many yrs ago, I helped another 2/35 Arty vet, w/his claim. At the time, I was making a trip to the National Archives, for myself, and located some records, he needed, for a claim. I think he was w/them 69-70, not sure. I don't even remember his name.

Somewhere, I have a book, that was authored by one of the archivists, at the National Archives, about 15yrs ago, that lists every VN units locations and when. I think it's at my home, in NC. I'll be headed down there, soon, for about 2-3 wks, and will locate it, then and get back to you - so stick around Hadit.com for a month or so, so I can maybe help ya.

Thanks!

pr

Yes, july 1969 to july 1970 was my term in Country. thank you for the research, I can't find much at all. I did find one after action report but, that was one event.

usdart, I'm a new member around here but, harsh or not, stick with it and get the claim together with the county VA, VFW or VSO or with anyone you can find that has some experience filing claims. Read the excellent advice from this site, and get what you deserve from the VA. I personally know 3 Nam vets who were over 65 before they discovered they were eligible for benefits so it's never too late.

Thank you for your service.

PR , and some of us other advocates, have learned to be sort of abrupt sometimes, in an effort to understand, in hyperspace, exactly what evidence a claimant needs. We are all on your side.

Believe me, if he can help you, he sure will and he knows his stuff!

“I have read after action reports (only found a few) In one it says my Unit fired 22,190 rounds during Op Rock Crusher. I wish it had been 90%. “

If you were in that unit at the same time of this after action report, have you sent this info to the VA?

Possibly this link will help?

http://www.military.com/HomePage/UnitPageHistory/1,13506,102156,00.html

Maybe this is better:

http://www.bravecannons.org/the_gun/unit_org.html

This is the list of Field Artillery Units prior to and after TET.

http://www.bravecannons.org/the_gun/unit_org.html

Then again there should be more info on the net regarding your unit and Ops Rockcrusher, s well as TET just by googling your unit designation.I am a civilian so my links here might be way off base but it is amazing what one can find on the net.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Sometimes harsh is good, because the VA isn't going to be gentle.

We have seen how harsh the VA can be in the instance of Keith Roberts (google him if you want to see a horror story of what VA and the government can do). Different people have different opinons on the validity of Mr. Roberts claims, but that is not the point. People need to be aware of just how far a VA staffer is willing to go to screw a veteran (this is an extream case) and understand just how quickly the rules can get bent or forgotten.

After what happened to Roberts, if I was filling an old claim I would be damn sure to use my own words(easier to twist your meanings when you used unfamiliar words or terms) and not include anything I wasn't absolutely sure of.

Roberts got screwed because people didn't remember him by name, and who he was friends with 30 years later. They ignored that he was assigned to the flight line that day and that seeing someone crushed is a valid stressor (whether a friend or not).

Sorry to dredge this up folks, but knowing what the VA is capable of needs to be in everyones mind.