Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Envelope Recieved, Need Massive Help Please

Rate this question

usdart

Question

They want more Evidence so I have to fill out some forms.

21-0781

21-4138

21-0781a

Since my VSO has flown the coup I am lost.

What are some key words I should use in my descriptions that will help?

I do not have a puple heart or any of the list of Service medals.

Is a Viet Nam ribbon a Combat Action Badge?

Can I use my DD214 which says I participated in 'Operation Rock Crusher'.this was the routing of the enemy during the incursion into Cambodia. The last major campaign of the War. Wikipedia has a very good discription of it that I can also include. I was never officially awarded this either and should have been according to my DD214.

My 'stressors' were incured during this Offensive so I want to describe them using the right verbage to shine the brightest light I can.

Edited by usdart

• HadIt.com Elder

Man that hurts, I am struggling with Vocabulary, I m not trying to cheat or fabricate anything. I don't read much and I don't know the VA jargan or even how grafic to get. Just stressing out more as I write. This is even harder than talking to my shrink, didn't sleep all night last night and have to keep going on this crap.

In a way it was meant to hurt or at least make you think. No one and I mean 'no one' was under "constant fire." It irritates me when I hear a grunt say I really had it bad, "we were in the shit 24/7." No one was in it 24/7. For many, it was like being a cop/LEO or firefighter or EMT - - 90-95% boring or routine and 5-10 pure scared shit hell. We did Search & Destroys, which were very routine, most of the time.

From your post I feel you were Arty and at various firebases or in a line company that routinely secured firebases. Firebases often received H&I fire, from the enemy, but not constant fire.

A couple of points I will help with, though. 11 o'clock at night would have been referred to as 2300 hrs (a red flag went up on that statement). A VN service medal/ribbon is not a combat award but is an "I was there, also" award. Being on an operation, such as Rock Crusher can count as a stressor. The VA likes to downplay operational awards, as routine, but being mortared or rocketed can be a stressor for the average citizen.

I believe the University of TX has many reports online you can research. You can also contact the National Archives, in College Park, MD, for info on events for you stressor(s). You really only need one stressor.

Sorry to be so hard on you but . . .

pr

US,

Phillip comes off harsh at times, going by all his comments on here, he is tired of all the fakes that are jamming up the VA Claim system and making it harder for the rest of us that deserve the help. We truly believe you were there, and have had a hard time with it. I had my SSDI Mental Exam last Monday, and I was so nervous. Some of my buds tried to get me to over do it. The exam lasted about 2 hours and I just told what I had experience in OIF/OEF and I broke down about 5 or 6 times, but I was honest and the Doc could tell I was telling the truth, and in fact he was very understanding. Good luck and write and talk about what you remember and if you don't give the VA or Docs every little detail, it is not going to hurt you. A good Doc or VA rater will be able to look at your Military Record and know if you were there along with the stressors. We all stress so much on here, and with the VA Claims process, but honestly all of us that deserve the help will get it in the long run. God Bless and wish you the best. Keep us updated

In a way it was meant to hurt or at least make you think. No one and I mean 'no one' was under "constant fire." It irritates me when I hear a grunt say I really had it bad, "we were in the shit 24/7." No one was in it 24/7. For many, it was like being a cop/LEO or firefighter or EMT - - 90-95% boring or routine and 5-10 pure scared shit hell. We did Search & Destroys, which were very routine, most of the time.

From your post I feel you were Arty and at various firebases or in a line company that routinely secured firebases. Firebases often received H&I fire, from the enemy, but not constant fire.

A couple of points I will help with, though. 11 o'clock at night would have been referred to as 2300 hrs (a red flag went up on that statement). A VN service medal/ribbon is not a combat award but is an "I was there, also" award. Being on an operation, such as Rock Crusher can count as a stressor. The VA likes to downplay operational awards, as routine, but being mortared or rocketed can be a stressor for the average citizen.

I believe the University of TX has many reports online you can research. You can also contact the National Archives, in College Park, MD, for info on events for you stressor(s). You really only need one stressor.

Sorry to be so hard on you but . . .

pr

I was never at a Fire support base. We fired direct support for the infantry and my unit moved 39 times in 6 months from clearing to clearing to set up operations. almost Daily incoming was a fact. I was not saying I was in it 24/7. I have read after action reports (only found a few) In one it says my Unit fired 22,190 rounds during Op Rock Crusher. I wish it had been 90%.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was never at a Fire support base. We fired direct support for the infantry and my unit moved 39 times in 6 months from clearing to clearing to set up operations. almost Daily incoming was a fact. I was not saying I was in it 24/7. I have read after action reports (only found a few) In one it says my Unit fired 22,190 rounds during Op Rock Crusher. I wish it had been 90%.

Please give me the name of the unit you were in?? To "me" - "almost daily incoming" is not constant fire.

FYI: con·stant

/ˈkɒnthinsp.pngstənt/ Show Spelled [kon-stuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngnt] Show IPA

adjective
not changing or varying; uniform; regular; invariable: All conditions during the three experiments were constant.
continuing without pause or letup; unceasing: constant noise.
regularly recurrent; continual; persistent: He found it impossible to work with constant interruption.
faithful; unswerving in love, devotion, etc.: a constant lover.
steadfast; firm in mind or purpose; resolute.
Just saying. I wish you well!
pr

Please give me the name of the unit you were in?? To "me" - "almost daily incoming" is not constant fire.

FYI: con·stant

/ˈkɒnthinsp.pngstənt/ Show Spelled [kon-stuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngnt] Show IPA

adjective
not changing or varying; uniform; regular; invariable: All conditions during the three experiments were constant.
continuing without pause or letup; unceasing: constant noise.
regularly recurrent; continual; persistent: He found it impossible to work with constant interruption.
faithful; unswerving in love, devotion, etc.: a constant lover.
steadfast; firm in mind or purpose; resolute.
Just saying. I wish you well!
pr

I told you my english was not up to par. I should read more, but it bores me too much.

I was in A Bty 2 Batt 35th Arty 23rd Arty Grp, 2 field forces.

Constant fire is probably wrong but, I am reaching out for words. I know we were under attack 4 or 5 days aweek. We followed the Infantry units and fired direct support for the 199th Inf and the 25th Inf. Now and then a couple of Inf APC's would come in to help us as well as Dusters. As a low level Enlisted (Sp4) I did not have the 'need to know' so I was unaware of our location and Mission until after we moved to the next clearing. I do remember FSB Mace could be seen in the distance one time. I did know when we were in Cambodia cause I saw it on the LT's map. But he told me not to say anything. All I had to know is keep the Vehicles running. Our unit was supposed to rotate to a Fire base every 3 months, but for some reason we did not.