Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

36 Years To Go From 10% In 1977 To 100% Iu P&t In 2013

Rate this topic

GEEBEE711

What an amazing story thank you for sharing and thank you for your service. You deserve it now have a great vacation :smile:

God Is So Good!!

..HAVE A WELL DOCUMENTED CASE! Putting in a claim prior to having good records on each and every issue being listed lessens your chance of being successful. You either wait now and build a good case, or wait much longer when you have to go through the appeals process. Even then, there's no guarantee that it will be awarded without good medical records to bolster your claim.

This is the best advice I've seen anywhere on here!

GeeBee,

Thanks for the kind words. That is exactly what I did. I worked on my package from June-Oct 13. Then submitted claim online in Nov 13. I submitted all Mental Health and Physical Health records from Navy, VA, and Civilian Mental Hospital. I completed a Phillips Self Report using the SSAs Laws and Terminology for Disabilities. Submitted Mental and Physical RFCs, both stated unable to work due to Mental Conditions and unable to lift more than 5 lbs or walk or stand more than 5 minutes. So far I have submitted almost 4,000 pages of Medical documentation, along with the 12 medications that I am on. I think that both my Mental and Physical SSA exams went well. I am going to have Surgery on Both Knees, Right Shoulder, Back, Neck and 8 feet of my Intestines cut out in the next 3-4 months, along with my Mental Health problems. If the SSA denies me, boy do I feel sorry for the guy with 1 or 2 conditions. I know I am rambling on as usual, just so hard to believe that as hurt Vets we have to defend our bodies, and integrity against the Govt every day, until we are 60 something and then they will hopefully leave us alone. God bless all and I hope we all have good news this year.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

GeeBee,

Thanks for the kind words. That is exactly what I did. I worked on my package from June-Oct 13. Then submitted claim online in Nov 13. I submitted all Mental Health and Physical Health records from Navy, VA, and Civilian Mental Hospital. I completed a Phillips Self Report using the SSAs Laws and Terminology for Disabilities. Submitted Mental and Physical RFCs, both stated unable to work due to Mental Conditions and unable to lift more than 5 lbs or walk or stand more than 5 minutes. So far I have submitted almost 4,000 pages of Medical documentation, along with the 12 medications that I am on. I think that both my Mental and Physical SSA exams went well. I am going to have Surgery on Both Knees, Right Shoulder, Back, Neck and 8 feet of my Intestines cut out in the next 3-4 months, along with my Mental Health problems. If the SSA denies me, boy do I feel sorry for the guy with 1 or 2 conditions. I know I am rambling on as usual, just so hard to believe that as hurt Vets we have to defend our bodies, and integrity against the Govt every day, until we are 60 something and then they will hopefully leave us alone. God bless all and I hope we all have good news this year.

Navy04, it sure sounds like it too me that you did your homework, and did it well! I've seen so many Veterans who put in a "Half-Ass" claim with very little, or no work at all on their part. Then, they are both pissed and surprised that their claim was denied! What in the heck did they expect?? Don't expect others to fully do your claim for you. Yes, it does indeed take both effort and time on your part, just like what you have done Navy04.,Sucess does not always come easy, especially when you sit back and do NOTHING!

Something that is as important as filing a VA claim for disability should NEVER be totally put in to someone elses hand to do! Yes, getting qualified assistance if needed is PARAMOUNT. This is NO time to just "Wing It"! Take your time by doing it right the first time. If you don't, you're not likely going to be very happy with the results!

Navy04, I wish you all the sucess that I feel that you so richly deserve! I will be waiting to hear back from you for great news I expect to hear! God Bless you as well.

On a side note, you posted "...I know I am rambling on as usual". You want to see "rambling"...just read a few of my posts! :biggrin:

This is the best advice I've seen anywhere on here!

Thanks NavyWife. :smile: I'm living proof that having a well documented case works. Perhaps this is why I've NEVER had a claim denied and know nothing about appeals.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use