Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Today I Am Humble.

Rate this topic

jfarr22384

A huge congrats on your positive adjudication.

Be sure to check out ALL additional benefits that you and your family

are eligible for now to include state and life insurance with premium waiver.

Spend wisely !

Carlie I wanted to take a moment and thank you personally....well at least thank you via this forum. I don't know if you recall but when I first joined this site I was running into a few road blocks with how to move forward with my claim and you personally helped me out by providing important information that pointed me in the right directions. Thanks again for all you do, you are truly an angel...

Waco just decided my wifes claim. Ebennies says 40 percent, we havent got the big convenlope yet, but are very disapointed in the 40 percent. We are grateful that they at least ackinowledged something, and we will build off of whatever that is. Being her first claim, it took 17 months. No big surprize they lowballed her. NO communication at all from her DAV rep. So we dont know if he agreed to the lowball offer, was even involved in the claim, are anything else. Thats the problem with having service organizations as your POA and they refuse to communicate with you. You dont know if they settled on a percentage with the VA that you knew nothing about. If you have a VSO that is not communicating with you, I highly suggest you rid yourself of them. At least you will know exactly who it was who shafted you.

Monday morning a letter is going out, and a VSO is getting shitcanned.

Jfarr, congrats and know you were blessed, enjoy your financial freedom and security, and pray for us still fighting.

Edited by GEEBEE711

I do not beleive your DAV rep has any real part of the rating process other than helping you with the claim itself. They can't "Agree" on ANY offer "Lowball" or not. Not to be a smart A$$, but when it comes to rating your claim...this ain't no "Lets Make a Deal"....or even an "Offer". Your DAV rep is out of that "Loop" for sure on this! If you don't like the rating, then you need to file an "NOD" (Notice of Disagreement).

Edited by GEEBEE711

Waco just decided my wifes claim. Ebennies says 40 percent, we havent got the big convenlope yet, but are very disapointed in the 40 percent. We are grateful that they at least ackinowledged something, and we will build off of whatever that is. Being her first claim, it took 17 months. No big surprize they lowballed her. NO communication at all from her DAV rep. So we dont know if he agreed to the lowball offer, was even involved in the claim, are anything else. Thats the problem with having service organizations as your POA and they refuse to communicate with you. You dont know if they settled on a percentage with the VA that you knew nothing about. If you have a VSO that is not communicating with you, I highly suggest you rid yourself of them. At least you will know exactly who it was who shafted you.

Monday morning a letter is going out, and a VSO is getting shitcanned.

Jfarr, congrats and know you were blessed, enjoy your financial freedom and security, and pray for us still fighting.

63SIERRA..... sorry to here about your disappointment, or what you believe is a disappointment. I understand you feel as if you should be rated differently and I hope you keep up the fight to get you and your loved one the compensation you deserve. In my post I wanted to let everyone know that I completed this claim on my own. There was no luck or secret to the methods I followed. When I came to a wall I relied on this site and the knowledge available to guide me. I'm not telling anyone to not get a VSO, I choose to walk this journey alone. I know this for a fact....nobody and I mean nobody is going to fight for what YOU deserve more than you. Some days are tough and some days are great, but in the end I promise you will prevail. You may not have gotten what you think you or your spouse deserved, but you have won the first battle. The door is now opened and its up to you to keep pushing until you can walk freely through that door. I wish you and your spouse the best in this fight for what you deserve.

Semper Fi

Edited by jfarr22384

Congraulations Jfarr. I filed everything through my county rep simply because they kept a record of everything submitted to the VA, of course I also kept both a paper copy and a electronic copy. Keep an eye on your bank account as you'll probably see the retro before the letter, at least I did.

Rick

63SIERRA..... sorry to here about your disappointment, or what you believe is a disappointment. I understand you feel as if you should be rated differently and I hope you keep up the fight to get you and your loved one the compensation you deserve. In my post I wanted to let everyone know that I completed this claim on my own. There was no luck or secret to the methods I followed. When I came to a wall I relied on this site and the knowledge available to guide me. I'm not telling anyone to not get a VSO, I choose to walk this journey alone. I know this for a fact....nobody and I mean nobody is going to fight for what YOU deserve more than you. Some days are tough and some days are great, but in the end I promise you will prevail. You may not have gotten what you think you or your spouse deserved, but you have won the first battle. The door is now opened and its up to you to keep pushing until you can walk freely through that door. I wish you and your spouse the best in this fight for what you deserve.

Semper Fi

Thanks for the words of encouragemant and wisdom. I believe the most tangible losses we suffer in this battle is the time we are spending, that we will never recoupe. Time is something we all have a finite amount of. we cannot buy more, we cannot re live our lives. we have just one, and spending precious time dealing with the va over claims that are obviously legitamite and being denied for reasons that have nothing to do with whether or not the claim is vaild or not, is something that causes folks to grow hatred in thier hearts against those that are doing us wrong. Luckily I have my lord and savior to give me strength and understanding thru these trials. We shall press onward . we shall endure, we shall prevail.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use