Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Fully Favorable

Rate this topic

rpowell01

Great News RP,

I finished my SSDI exams a few weeks ago, and man I pray that I get approved. Take a well deserved break bud.

hmm I didn't have to have any exams. Dr. Bash did one back in July 2013 so I am stunned the Judge didn't order any exams. I was expecting some kind of exam date because my friend who basically has the same issues as me just had two exams, one for mental and one for physical. He had his SSDI hearing in December and I just had mine on January 14 of this year. That was a quick decision but again I will say it again, it was Dr. Bash's two medical opinions that had the most weight.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note, NOT all SSDI awards are perminate in nature. If you look at your SSDI award letter, it should clearify this for you. There are several time spreads for reviews by Social Security. Some as little as 6 months after the award. Some 1 to 3 years. The ones that show 7 to 8 years before your next review is stated "Conditon(s) are not likely to improve.The shorter review times will be stated. "Expected to improve", Some, "Likely to improve", ect. Again, your SSDI award letter will tell you when you should expect your next SSDI review.

Please note, NOT all SSDI awards are perminate in nature. If you look at your SSDI award letter, it should clearify this for you. There are several time spreads for reviews by Social Security. Some as little as 6 months after the award. Some 1 to 3 years. The ones that show 7 to 8 years before your next review is stated "Conditon(s) are not likely to improve.The shorter review times will be stated. "Expected to improve", Some, "Likely to improve", ect. Again, your SSDI award letter will tell you when you should expect your next SSDI review.

18 months, but DDD/DJD, Osteoarthritis with radiculopathy doesn't get better and it progresses. Even my MRI just 7 months apart showed it has progressed severely, my last XRays shows it has progressed severely.

My attorney stated that they all do this and have to say this and that most likely I won't get reviewed because I am 45 years old. She said because of my age they always write 18 month review. But, once you hit 50 it changes.

We will see because I can say that since January 2010 it has progressed from my upper extremities to June 2012 to my lower extremities. I had lower extremity problems for years but they were just in the beginning stages. Also my VA PCP finally told me on January 30 that I will have to live the rest of my life like this and in pain which is something I already knew from my VA Neurologist who told me back in November. He said I have too many multiple issues going on that surgery will make it worse. He said it wasn't worth to even think about surgery at this time. So, I have already prepared myself to live like this and I am now starting to learn to cope with the pain which has been the worst downfall for me, ever. Nerve pain is the worst pain and I can say I wouldn't wish it on my enemy.

The Judge stated she felt it would improve but my doctors say it won't. So, we will see. You don't have DDD/DJD, Osteoarthritis with radiculopathy and should ever expect its going to improve. It just doesn't. If it did it would have done this years ago but the records show it has progressed. Yes it may stabilize but that doesn't mean it will get better. I just hope it stays where its at now because I don't know how much more I can take.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use