VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ejection Fraction Up, Are We Still Eligible?

Rate this question

vetswifeIndy

Question

Hello everyone, it's been quite awhile since I've posted on here, hope all is doing well.

My husband had a pace maker/defribralator implanted 2 years ago, his EF was 23% at that time.

He immediately received a 100% rating. His recent cardio appt. revealed his EF has improved, and is now

between 45-50%.

My question is, can regional reevaluate his claim and reduce the percentage due to

the EF improvement?

God bless,

VetsWifeIndy

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Good question and the easy answer is no. The fact that he has an afib is enough to keep him and 100% per the rating tables.

By the way how old is your vet? Is his rating a 100% P&T?

Tell him to take it easy, that is a good EF from where he was!!

Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

No they cant. The Defribulator over rides tha EF Rule. A pace maker keeps rythem constant as it applies little current to adjust the heart. Cardioverter actually shocks the heart to keep you alive. As long as he has it he remains 100 percent. That is what I call a Boss rule in the regs.

Basser

age and how long rated 100% SC are important. Check your heart condition ratings in 38 CFR under heart condition ratings. Best wishes Brother! Note: Remember, if you get a VA letter advising you of a change in your rating, you have to be prepaired to move fast. I think you have 60 days to file NOD. Get a free consult from an approved VA Claims and Appeals Attorney. You certainly don't need the additional stress of worrying about to comp reduction.

Thanks everyone for your response, it is much appreciated. We had sort of started nail biting :unsure: , we know how they can be at Regional.

STILLHERE* his age is 66 and yes it was P&T.

But his VSO told him Regional has 8 yrs. that they could come back and change that.

Thanks again everyone, have a blessed day!

VetswifeIndy