Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Ptsd;tbi And 30% Headaches Smc-S

Rate this topic

sully375

Well I got my official letter yesterday stating 100% PTSD/TBI and 30% Headaches. This was originally a claim for TBI only.

I already had 70% PTSD, 30% L knee, 10% Tinnitus, 0% hearing loss.

With this new award I also qualified for SMC-S

My account was also finally updated for my son as a dependent after 19 months.

Original PTSD claim 12/19/2011 - 07/31/12 70%

TBI Claim 01/17/2013 - 01/31/2014 resulting in PTSD/TBI with residual cognitive disorder, NOS 100% and Migraine Headaches associated with PTSD/TBI 30%

SMC-S (housebound) based on a single 100% and additional rated at 60%.

This does have me a bit worried as I DO want to work, so it is a mixed blessing. I work from home writing material used in training the military.

Since the award states it is a combination of the TBI and PTSD because of the inability to separate or directly relate each symptom and is NOT TDIU I don't think it is an issue to continue to work from home. Nothing stated I can't.

I plan on speaking with a VSO about this and want to talk with the doctor I had evaluate me on the civilian side and see if she can maybe separate out what symptoms might be related to each disability. Maybe I can have them split.

Edited by sully375

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kick yourself, and try to work. I think the VA will try to take money away from you. I am praying that my claim comes out like yours. Good luck and keep us posted bud.

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks. This is a schedular rating. I would not worry about the work issue unless I had 2 factors involved.

TDIU or a 100 percent rating for a mental disorder.

In other words, go ahead and work.

Basser

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use