Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hogchick - New Member Needing Help

Rate this question

hogchick

Question

I filed my claim in June 2012 for: PTSD-MST, Migraines (increase), Loss of hearing bilaterally, Tinnuitis. At the present I'm service connected with 0% on Migraine. My reconsideration just hit preparation for decision. My C &P was favorable I do have the dx of PTSD and the psych stated more likely than not my PTSD was caused by MST. I am absolutely going insane on what kind of ratings I'll get. Can anyone ease my anxiety.

Thank you I just don't know how to utilize ebenefits to my advantage!! Isn't there some way to download letters. I would like to see if they have rated my PTSD since it's been in preparation for decision for over a month and a half!!!

preparation for decision can be done next week or it can take months. I've seen many claims in this phase for 8 months at a time. you should take a deep breath and find a hobby or something to keep your mind and body active. I know it's easier said than done, but you will create total havoc on yourself if you keep going the way you are. The e-benefits site is very rarely accurate and up to date. This site will cause any veteran to have PTSD! You need to wait until you receive your rating decision, then you will have your decision.

Thanks Meghp0405. I've done all the filing and refiling myself on this claim. It's really nerve racking!! Any suggestions on representatives? I've called the regional American Legion but really not much help there.

Sine you filed the claim yourself (which I recommend for those up to it) I doubt the service organizations will be much interested in helping you.

They seem geared to get Power of Attorney and process claim to get some type of credit; I guess one might look in the machine for you if you go in person.

I feel kinda lucky ebenefits didn't exist for my process so it was just one letdown daily at empty mailbox rather than obsessing over a program which isn't up-to-the-minute.

I busied myself preparing the appeal while waiting. The advice to busy yourself elsewhere is good.

Hang in there and have hope! :smile:

HogChick.

Sorry to hear the VA is driving you crazy, like the rest of us, and the VA wonders why are PTSD is not cured, Lol! I had my C&Ps last month, and I am checking Ebennies like you every day to see when it will be rated. Good luck and keep us posted.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Thank u everyone with your suggestions. I'm new to this site and still trying to figure it out. Just a brief hx of my case: I was raped in Dec 1985 by my leading Petty Officer. My command ignored my complai t 2 days later tried to commit suicide. I reported this to my CO and it was ignored. I also filed charges through civilian police. I was placed in medical hold for 6 months I was transferred off my command. The incident was swept under the carpet. Little did I know I was diagnosed with PTSD in 1985. So here I am in 2014 trying to fight my case without any help. I am at a loss on the dos and don'ts on how to pursue this case.