Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification

Rate this question

usdart

Question

Don't believe eBenefits when it says you owe something you provided. If in doubt, verify through 800#, IRIS, or your VSO. This is notoriously wrong. My last claim FINALLY stated that the 5103 waiver that had been submitted way back when was received the same day the claim was closed...which was the first time eBenefits ever said they received anything in any of my claims except for my DD-214. Don't trust...just verify.

Keep an eye on the Documents tab and "verify benefits letter" link. You should be able to get your overall rating as soon as the claim status changes to "complete."

And after I called today, I checked tonight -- claim complete, 90% combined rating.

Congratulations on your win Canyonrider! :) Make sure you post in the success forum.

Shyne-I

Hang in there Wolfhound88.... It's coming and it's going to be right on time. :)

Sound advice... I'm reminded of the LOTR character who says he's never late because he decides when he wants to be somewhere. :-)

I went to "Prep for Notification" earlier this week and I have a question I'll post at the end of the thread.

Don't believe eBenefits when it says you owe something you provided. If in doubt, verify through 800#, IRIS, or your VSO. This is notoriously wrong. My last claim FINALLY stated that the 5103 waiver that had been submitted way back when was received the same day the claim was closed...which was the first time eBenefits ever said they received anything in any of my claims except for my DD-214. Don't trust...just verify.

Keep an eye on the Documents tab and "verify benefits letter" link. You should be able to get your overall rating as soon as the claim status changes to "complete."

One possible reason for this is that it takes time in the new system for them to "review" and then "accept" whatever you submitted. I didn't know this and ended up re-submitting things I had submitted before January 25th just in case :-) Now eBennies says everything I know I submitted has been reviewed and accepted.