VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification

Rate this question

usdart

Question

Rootbeer22 and Others:

E-Benefits is a-down-right stressor for anyone with PTSD...I went back into e-benefits this afternoon, still in the GOE stage once again, and also still stating that Notification Letter has been sent... I went under the VA Letters and my award letter is now at 100% "WOW" also under the disabilities tab it is also stating that I am now at 100%. I don't understand why my claim went back to GOE and now instead of 70% now 100% (Thank You GOD), this has been a very long and stressful road for me.

I guess I am just confused as to why I would be granted the 100% and claim is gone back to GOE stage, I am hopeful that an error has not been made or does anyone have an idea on this. Rootbeer22 and others in this maze of mass confusion on VA claims hope that you have a very successful outcome in all of this. I am just CONFUSED......

Thanks,

KCook

E-5 USA Quartermaster

Hey KCook,

If you are confused...that's the side effects of dealing with the VA denial monster! Congrats on your 100%

Hi everyone, this is my first time on this site, needing information from one vet to another...I am a 70% s/c vet and I put in for an increase on my original claim also TDIU. My question is my claim went to Preparation for Notification on 5/23/15, and now this morning it is back to GOE, also a notification for decision letter has been sent. Does anyone have any input as to why 1. Claim went back to GOE and 2. Notification Letter sent. Confused :unsure: .

Thanks

K.Cook

E-5 USA Quartermaster

How many conditions did you submit - just those two: PTSD and TDIU? Sounds like maybe the PTSD was granted at 100% and then one or more issues were sent back for further development. Just a guess.

Thanks TiredCoastie, you are right the PTSD was awarded at 100%, and I have three other conditions that I have submitted, I did not know that the other three would make it go back to GOE after the PTSD was awarded at 100%. Do you have any input on the GOE of the other three conditions, I thought that after the award of 100% that the claim would be completed.

Thanks again,

KCook

E-5 USA Quartermaster

TiredCoastie and Others:

As stated previously I was awarded 100% on my PTSD claim and my claim was sent back to GOE due to some additional conditions. I was wondering will that retro pay me now or will the VA wait until claim is completely closed? Any help on this will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Can't really say, KCook. It seems as if the VA split your claim, addressed the PTSD portion -- which must have been cut and dry AND brought you to 100% -- and the other issues were more complicated so they went back into the hopper. JMO, if you were going to see retro on the PTSD alone if you're not retired military, you'd see it very quickly. But I don't know if they'd hold off the retro until the entire claim is completed. Others here have experience with that and will hopefully chime in. I can see it going either way.

Three options to find out fairly quickly:

1. Look for new deposits in your account that look like retro payments or check the eBenefits for the retro payment.

2. If you're retired Army, contact DFAS and see if your pay clerk has a retro calc in the inbox for you.

3. Call the 1-800# for VA Benefits and ask if a retro payment is being processed on your behalf.

It seems to me that they did you a favor in many ways by granting you 100% now and getting you paid monthly and benefited at the 100% level now rather than wait for the other conditions to be completed. While that may not include a retro payment as fast as anyone would like, at least you're not retired Coast Guard like me. I've been waiting on my retro from last fall, and it's been hung up somewhere since December between the Coast Guard and the VA.