Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Construction Of A Tdiu Claim

Rate this question

Penelope

Question

I am working on putting together my TDIU claim. My problem is what to include in the claim. Some of the documentation that I have seems unnecessary. I have a letter from my doctor saying that due specifically to my medical condition (service connected at 60%) I can no longer perform or maintain full time or gainful employment. I have the paperwork from my last employer showing my last date worked. I have copies of my VA claim file, SSDI file, VA medical file and am getting my medical file from the family physician.

What I am not sure is needed are numerous letters from my VA physician saying that this condition is permanent and all the documents supporting the difficulties at work since the 1990's related to this condition and work restrictions. Other than the statement saying that its permanent. None of it mattered as long as I was working and didn't qualify for TDIU. I think what matters now is the fact that I am no longer working due to the condition.

How do you decide what to include and what not to include? Thanks for your time.

Good questions Penelope I was going to ask the same questions. I heard of people on here going to the Social Security office requesting that your records being sent to the VA RO but I went to two different SS office and basically look at me like I was stupid and told me only way they will release any information to the VA if they request them there selves.

I called SS office and they told me to walk in and ask for a copy. They only give it out on CD. If it is for your personal use, there is no charge. It was very odd, though because when I first talked to the guy there he told me that there was a "procedure" to be followed and a charge. I asked what the charge was. He said about $35. At this point I said fine and asked the procedure since I was told I could just walk in and get it. Lo and Behold he did some checking and I wasn't charged. I think the charge had something to do with if you had a lawyer and were getting it for them. In the end, they were relatively quick and there was no charge.