Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Requesting Evidence I Don't Have

Rate this question

jesusplay

Question

The VA put me in a private psych ward a few months ago.

I filed an IU claim and the ebens is requesting evidence from private doctors.

How do I get the ebens people to request my medical records from the psych ward?

I could do it myself but I have then pay them 25 dollars then a dollar per page and the psych ward is like 60 minutes away!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

eBenefits is notoriously wrong on what requested information and documental has been received. If it were me, I would call the 800# just to see if those records have already been received before spending any energy on trying to get them there (IRIS is another option but it's taking them months to respond to my IRIS inquiries and waiting isn't an option right now).

But remember that old adage of admin work - "if in doubt, over-route." Better to get them two copies than none.

I had the same thing about getting my records on my IHD claim....I took the form 21-4142 to the Doc's office. I explained that the VA wanted me to sign it, send it to them so they could send it to you (the doc)....I then said instead, can we skip the steps and can you fax the records to the VA, or give them to me so I can send them. They told me they would have to charge me if I took them, but they could fax them to the VA at no charge...the accepted the fact that the VA wanted the form signed so they could request the records. In my case I choose to pay and get the copies myself as I will deliver them myself to keep things moving, but for those that cannot afford the fees, ask for them to fax direct to the VA...good luck.