Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Requesting Evidence I Don't Have

Rate this question

jesusplay

Question

The VA put me in a private psych ward a few months ago.

I filed an IU claim and the ebens is requesting evidence from private doctors.

How do I get the ebens people to request my medical records from the psych ward?

I could do it myself but I have then pay them 25 dollars then a dollar per page and the psych ward is like 60 minutes away!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you depend on the VA to get your private medical records you may be waiting forever. I would bite the bullet and get the records and submit them myself.

The VA has to make a good faith effort to get your private records, but if they don't get them you lose. Is there no way to get a break since you are asking the private hospital to send your records directly to the VA?

If you depend on the VA to get your private medical records you may be waiting forever. I would bite the bullet and get the records and submit them myself.

The VA has to make a good faith effort to get your private records, but if they don't get them you lose. Is there no way to get a break since you are asking the private hospital to send your records directly to the VA?

va has to request, I have to ask the VA to request them.

I found the form to get the VA to request the records, I'll talk with the psychward monday to see how i can get them.

• HadIt.com Elder

What you m,ight try is to talk to someone there and request that the records be sent to VARO you deal with. Its fairly routine and 25 dollars a page is outrageous.

make sure you specify the approx dates u were there

The VA will get the records, but it will take months. I spent 3 months in a Mental Hospital in 2012. Well when I was medically retired last year the VA low balled my PTSD. I got those Civilian Mental Records and I only paid $29 and it was over 100pages, and what do you know, not only am I 100%, but my PTSD went up from 30 to either 70or100%. My FDC was also completed in 7 months which is faster than usual these days. Don't wait around for the VA, even if it is their job to do, because in the end you will be the one to suffer. Good luck and keep us posted.

• HadIt.com Elder

You had better get it, They are not obligayed to get them and could care less and deny your claim on its merits without it.

If they sent you then the va should already have these records.

J