Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Complete In Under 100 Days - 40%

Rate this topic

uh60james

Claim closed today with 40% showing on AB8! I'm assuming 30% for PTSD, 10% for Tinnitus and 0% for L Knee. 98 days total. Filed 1/22/2014, Closed 4/30/2014. :biggrin:

The only thing that concerns me is my effective date is showing as Feb 01, 2014. This was my initial claim and I have been out for more than a year so I was thinking my effective date should be Feb 01, 2013 with the 1 year retro for FDC's. I guess I will have to wait for the big brown envelope and see what it says.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats. If you filed claim after you had been out more than a year they only go back to date of claim. Main thing is you are established and if things change its much easier to ask for a higher rating.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats. If you filed claim after you had been out more than a year they only go back to date of claim. Main thing is you are established and if things change its much easier to ask for a higher rating.

In August last year the VA started paying 1 year retro from the date filed for first time claims using FDC. There are certain requirements but as far as I can tell I meet them. Here is a link to the press release. http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2464

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use