VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Po Box As Mailing Address To Receive Va Mail

Rate this question

Squidder

Question

I am retired and planning to travel with an RV for an extended period. I plan on having my mail go to a PO Box address. Does the VA accept PO Boxes as valid address? I cannot imagine why they wouldn't but want to make sure and was wondering if anyone here has done the same. Thanks!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Got all my drugs and correspondence when I had my PO Box. I was a trucker and left for months at a time and USPS would hold my stuff until I got back.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only people who hassle about PO Boxes are the travel people at VA. You might look into a UPS Store or something like it that will let you know when you have mail and who sent it so you can have it forwarded to you if you want.

Thanks all, I guess the VA is ok with PO boxes (some businesses won't deliver to them). Notorious Kelly I've been thinking about Earth Class Mail. From reviews it sounds the best of the virtual mail scanning services. I might do that, I have a dependency claim that I've been waiting on for ages and I don't want to miss the VA's letter because they give you a 30 day deadline to respond. If you don't and there are errors you are out of luck (or at least hard to fix).