Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Vso Is Useless! Any Advice On What The Va Wants From Me?

Rate this question

Akaymik

Question

Hi,

My VSO is completely useless. She never returns calls or emails. It's makes this frustrating process even more frustrating.

Anyway, I received a letter from the VA and they state that they want "any orders that you have showing your duty status after 7/3/2012 and prior to 4/16/2012".

So I uploaded all my orders I've ever received from the Army. I also uploaded my last DD214 (I'm a reservist, I have a few) that states "nothing follows" and releases me to my reserve unit. I also uploaded my last active duty report. Other than what I've uploaded I have no idea what else I need. Does anyone have any ideas of any other possible document I should provide them? Have you been in the same boat? The letter also said they would make a decision on my claim within 15 days if I chose not to upload these documents....and even though they asked my unit for this information it is ultimately my responsibility.

Thanks,

Amanda

Edited by Akaymik

Good luck with that. Sometimes it is best to be proactive in your own claims. Although some VSO's are very helpful some can be a detriment to your claim. JMO. Curious what is/are your current claims? Since it looks like it is recent service periods, are you claiming anything related to gulf war issues or something similar?

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

This claims in general can be so difficult when someone is a Reservist. When I was Active Duty Navy, I entered in Active under a program Called TAR, which stud for Training Active Reserves, it was later named FTS, Full Time Support. So basically my 10 years in the Navy, all my Commands Trained a lot of Reservists. I would go to OIF/OEF and even the Navy thought I was a reservists, when I was Actually Active Duty for 10 years. I have had to help so many Reservists over the year, what a pain you guys have to go thru. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• In Memoriam

I got tired of my VSO years ago.

VSO's make good filling clerks. Lable your information/with brief discription, and ask your VSO for a reciept for each piece. This way if they lose or shred the document you will have a copy and proof that you gave it to them.

I reclaimed my POA (Power of attourny) from the DAV years ago. I had to become pro active in my claims.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

If I had a serious claim I would either hire a lawyer or do it myself if I could with help from Hadit. I would not trust a VSO to do it. VSO's have caused me a world of hurt. The VFW even filed an appeal with the BVA on my behalf years ago claiming I was a personality disorder. I lost , of course. I don't trust them to file papers on time. There is nobody at the VA that I trust except when I get a decision in writing and money in the bank.

I'm claiming a few things I expect nothing for (it's just nice to have 0% if that's possible).

The main purpose of my claim is anxiety due to MST and also for a skin rash.

Don't think in those terms, otherwise you will already have lost. If you have the evidence, in service medical records and a paper trail, if you also have continuity of treatment then you have the right ammunition for a claim. Don't shoot yourself before you have begun your fight.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: