Possible Retro Pay

Rate this topic

babagwa

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the quote from your denial letter VA is saying that they did review your records but the reason they denied you is because you do not have a Nexus statement.

To win this claim you need to get an independent medical exam or independent medical opinion which states your vertigo is caused by your military service.

Then have the doctor fill out the disability benefits questionnaire-DBQ for vertigo.

Then file a reconsideration as a fully developed claim. If this has not been decided after 11 months then file an official appeal.

Read up on the IME or IMO criteria here on hadit if you are unfamiliar with it.

Edited by NavyWife

Navy wife

The things i do not understand about this i have other military medical evidences 1996, 2001, 2005 multiple , 2006 and 2009 civilian. In jun 2010 VA did not bother to review those records except they focus on one medical military record dtd sep 2005 , the doctor stated my vertigo is stable at that moment and civilian medical record when I was already retired. In October 2013, i resubmitted my claim resent all medical records pertaining to my vertigo plus VA medical records. They still denied it because they referred back to their decision letter from my initial claim.

I had another claim in jun 2010, no records, Zero evidences, the VA awarded me 10%!!!! I am not complaining but VA has no consistency.

Anyway thanks for the advice about the nexus I will try to convince my PCP. Mabuhay!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use