Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Retro Pay

Rate this topic

babagwa

Hello everyone, new to Hadit am glad i found this site because it gave me a lot of ammo to fight my battle with the VA. Anyway I filed a FDC in oct 2013, may 2014 got the bbe from 40% to 60%. I was awarded 30% for anxiety. It says my 60% effective date was Dec 2011 because that's when I initially filed for anxiety. Do I get a retro pay with this increase?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. You should get the difference between what you are getting (40%) and what the decision says (60 percent) for each month starting in Jan., 2012 because you are not paid until the following month. You can figure out what that would be, I dont know how many dependents you have. If you are single, no dependents, and your dependent status did not change, the difference in 2013 is 1041 minus 577, or 464 per month. This will change every year (probably less in 2012, more in 2014). I counted 28 months...you count them if you like. So a reasonable estimate, but not exact, would be 464 times 28 months, or 12992. This is a ball park figure, it could be more with dependents, and I dont know if you had any dependents turn 18, go to college, etc.

I will add the whole thing will change if you are also getting VA pension. If you are getting pension, then the amount of Retro will be less, because you would have been paid more than just the 40 percent already.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use