VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Disabilty Commission To Consider

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This buy out thing from the VA disability commission is a slick piece of trickery that if enacted will deprive many vets of benefits down the line. Most of us here started at lower disability ratings and progressed to higher ratings. I bet the buy outs will have a clause that the veteran gives up rights to future benefits. The VA commission thinks that by dangling money in front of disabled vets they, the vets, will sell their benefits for a fraction of what they are worth. This is like the title loans or all the other pay day loan scams. Many younger vets might be willing to sell their benefits for a check because they just don't see into the future and can't imagine that they will be older and more disabled one day. I think this shows this present administration will stoop to any level to save money off the backs of veterans. They have spent 400 billion on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but they don't want to pay the bill for the wrecked lives of disabled vets if they can wriggle out of it.

John999,

The buy-out option is nothing new. I still have my award letter from 1970 which offers me the option to take a lump sum on a 10% rating if I desired. I think the difference between then and now is, that you might see the option done away with and it becomes mandatory for those with 30% and below.

Patrick

• HadIt.com Elder

VA buy-out for 10% or 20% Vets. That's been around before, also the let's drop all 10% vets. The 10% & 20% don't get a lot of money per person, but represents a large percentage of SC Vets.

Don

I don't think that the va should drop any percentages of disability or offer lump sums.

I do think however that the time will come when the va stops paying for disease that in all reality is not service connected. As an example things like hemorriods which have nothing to do with serving in the military.

Some guv'ment bean counter has been spending millions trying to figure out a new way to screw all the vets out of any money possable.

The GAO has been doin' studies to figure out how to keep more diabled vets from getting TDIU. Seems they think too many vets are feedin' at that 'ol "free guv'ment money trough ".

Just my 2 centavos! :lol:

Boondoc

Edited by BoonDoc

'don't think that the va should drop any percentages of disability or offer lump sums.

I do think however that the time will come when the va stops paying for disease that in all reality is not service connected. As an example things like hemorriods which have nothing to do with serving in the military.'

What others do you think have nothing to do with serving in the military? Just asking. By the way there are many things done in the military that causes hemorriods ie.... heavy lifting, truck driving. Yep they may be in there but the things done in the military could cause them to pop out.