Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Came Today

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I got the brown envelope today. 0% for my two purple hearts. 0% for my stage 4 tonsil/throat cancer. 50% for PTSD. My Ptsd c & p diagnosed as chronic/serious impairment to employment and social w/a gaf of 48.

Mailing out 4 new claims tomorrow morning for Tinnitus, Gerd/Barretts Esophagus secondary to PTSD & Insomnia secondary to PTSD & Individual Unemployability. Have not worked since 2003 and will see my therapist asap for another diagnosis and treatment schedule for PTSD.

Am I doing all the right things??

Thanks in advance for your help...appreciated sincerely.

Cavman

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

The Service center manager is the big cheeze at the Regional office. They are responsible for everyone and everything there. Look up the DRO responsibilities and it says in black and white that a Service Center manager can over ride a DRO.

The manager signs off on all claims.

Josephine, I do not intend to be negative for some are ok but it is a system that is designed to fail.

I consider the DRO reviewers a Quality Control person and I know for a fact if the Quality control person answers to anyone in the Office that there can be extended conflicts of interest with the Boss winning. That has been the main causes for allot of things going wrong from Airplane crashes to automotive recalls.

It is the same in an office enviornment.

• HadIt.com Elder
The Service center manager is the big cheeze at the Regional office. They are responsible for everyone and everything there. Look up the DRO responsibilities and it says in black and white that a Service Center manager can over ride a DRO.

The manager signs off on all claims.

Josephine, I do not intend to be negative for some are ok but it is a system that is designed to fail.

I consider the DRO reviewers a Quality Control person and I know for a fact if the Quality control person answers to anyone in the Office that there can be extended conflicts of interest with the Boss winning. That has been the main causes for allot of things going wrong from Airplane crashes to automotive recalls.

It is the same in an office enviornment.

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Jstacy,

I shall guess that is why my supplemental statement of the case no where states that a DRO did anything. I thought that they would at least review my claim, since I specifically ask and signed for a DRO Review.

Ruling states we place our weight with the Board as they were a Board ( did't make any difference if only one signed and one refused, due to the slanderous lies, by changing my private medical reports).

I guess he also thought it not necessary to adjudicate my first C&P of postive to me

We are sorry that you did not agree with the C&P , but it was good enough for rating.

His signature

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman:

Foc was a typo it should be Doc. Sorry if it was confusing. I personally think it would be easier to link your 50% PTSD to not being able to work. But that is my opinion and I am no medical expert.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman

Go for the IU via the PTSD route. You can spend years fighting with the VA about an AO condition. I agree with your doctor but the VA will stall forever on the origins of the cancer and how it spread. If you have a service connected disability it is much easier to get it increased than to try and prove that something is service connected when the VA digs in their heels. It can be done but who has the years to deal with these chumps.