Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Received 100% Schedular

Rate this question

Whirly Bird

Question

Hi all. My service officer called me earlier this evening to let me know that I won my claim. My Fibromyalgia was increased from 20% to 40%.

I am now rated 100% schedular. The Rater decided not to make it permanent though, and says I will need to be re-evaluated in 5 years for my Sleep Apnea and PTSD ratings..frown.gif
I don't understand the pending re-evaluation for the sleep apnea, as I've had it for 15 years using CPAP daily, and the PTSD has only gotten worse over time, but it is what it is.
I'm really happy to have the extra money, but really needed the champVA and chap 35 education bennies for my wife and kids.
What would be your advice on applying for the Permanent rating? Should I wait a while before applying? I think I can get my physc docs to write a letter for me in support of the PTSD being a permanent thing, and the sleep apnea should be a no-brainer,................Just lookin for some advice.
SO HAPPY TO FINALLY HAVE THE 100% Rating, wish i didn't need it, but I'm damn happy to have it.
Edited by Whirly Bird

"Some People spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference......The Marines don't have that problem."- Ronald Reagan

WHIRLY BIRD

Congrats bud, as I too recently went to 100%, with PTSD reevaluation in 5 years, I think. I submitted a new FDC a few weeks ago for 7 conditions. I decided that once that is complete, hopefully by the end of the year, then I will go and as for P&T. The problem is that I have heard a lot of guys rush into the P&T, and then the VA decides to go in and try to evaluate all your current SC disabilities, and even lower the % on some of them, just to not grant the P&T, so they can keep nagging at our tails. Wait atleast 6 months, so the VA can see that you have been sick for a while, and go from there. God bless, good luck and keep us posted.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Hi all. My service officer called me earlier this evening to let me know that I won my claim. My Fibromyalgia was increased from 20% to 40%.

I am now rated 100% scheduler. The Rater decided not to make it permanent though, and says I will need to be re-evaluated in 5 years for my Sleep Apnea and PTSD ratings.frown.gif
I don't understand the pending re-evaluation for the sleep apnea, as I've had it for 15 years using CPAP daily, and the PTSD has only gotten worse over time, but it is what it is.
I'm really happy to have the extra money, but really needed the champVA and chap 35 education bennies for my wife and kids.
What would be your advice on applying for the Permanent rating? Should I wait a while before applying? I think I can get my physc docs to write a letter for me in support of the PTSD being a permanent thing, and the sleep apnea should be a no-brainer,................Just lookin for some advice.
SO HAPPY TO FINALLY HAVE THE 100% Rating, wish i didn't need it, but I'm damn happy to have it.

Great news that you got the 100 % adjudicated.

I'd get my ducks in a row first by getting support letters from medical

providers,showing my SC'd conditions to be already be static for 5 years or more,

with very little chance of any improvement.

I would submit this ASAP with a NOD on that part of this recent decision.

I would be sure to put the reply to information at the top of my NOD

and either hand delivery it to the VARO and request a date stamped copy

or mail it RRR.

jmho

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Thanks all for the congrats and the advice. It's appreciated. I have an appointment with my Psych doc in a couple weeks, I'll see what he thinks about my condition (Static or likely to improve) before I file an NOD.

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that this claim was an FDC claim. I filed it on March 27th, and it closed on June 24th. Less than 90 days from start to finish.

That's pretty damn fast from my experience. I'm wondering if I'd be ahead to file a new FDC claim asking to be made "Permanent", rather than filing a NOD on the original decision. It could be allot quicker than going the NOD process, and since there is no back-pay involved, preserving the earlier effective date really wouldn't matter in my case.....Something to think about.

Edited by Whirly Bird

"Some People spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference......The Marines don't have that problem."- Ronald Reagan

WHIRLY BIRD

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats. You can appeal for P&T a scheduler almost speaks for itself and get ducks in row while you wait.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.