VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vadir Has Sandbox Days Wrong

Rate this question

JewBacha

Question

Hello Everyone,

As I visited the OEF/OIF clinic to register for the GWI & Burn Pit, my dates for my sandbox travels (and other deployments) are wrong. When I asked how I can correct these, the answer I received was "You can't, those are the dates supplied by the DoD".

Well I know where I was & when I was there, and so do many other people, like my family & friends, uhhh... those I was there with. Also, I have entires in my records stating otherwise that document the different times those jackwagons tried to blow us up, the five-star living conditions we had and all the excellent exposure while we visited start to finish - all days BOG etc. etc. etc. Just doens't seem right.

So is the answer I was given correct? Are the dates in VADIR unchangeable?

-JB

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If their records are incorrect, you should be able to file for a correction of records.

First thing you need to do is get a copy of your service records from Uncle Sam so you can see what they really have.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records

Vync,

Thanks for the reply. I have all of my records (Med/Personnel/OMPF/etc) which I why I asked the group. Seems this is inaccurate info I was provided as I have plenty of entires that depict different dates of duty assignment than VADIR does, which I provided to support the cause. Just seems VADIR is another program/system that is not up to par, but noted as such that it is after millions of dollars were/are spent to implement and maintain. No worries, I have my masters and will continue to provide with my claims.

Thanks for the reply, have a blessed 4th of July!

-JB

• HadIt.com Elder

To correct your records you could do it via BCMR as Vync. I would do it just to make sure your records are correct at the source. The VA may have you mixed up with someone else. They may have the wrong records.

I was just Medically Retired from the Navy last year, after 10 years active and 5 years in OIF/OEF. I have copies of everything, cause these people are idiots on their timelines. Two of my deployments on the VAs files are backwards. One states I was in OIF when I was really in OEF and another states OEF, when I was in OIF. Has not affected me in any way, and I have Chronic Asthma due to black spots on my lungs from the Burn Pits in OIF.