Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appling For Ssd

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Hello friends and VETS, I AM RATED AT 90% disability, HEART, PTSD, HEARING LOSS, TINNIUS . I applied for SSD when I was 70% and was denied. I was told I made to much money. I did not know or realized they count your VA disability compensation. I was under assumption if you was disability you would quality. I asked how could I make so much money and drive a 98,4 door Saturn and there are so many Cadillac's, Lincolns and large SUV in the parking lot that do qualify. NO REPLY from the male behind the window. I was dismissed. Can anyone give me correct information on this. I am 90% should I re-apply for SSD? THANKS IN ADVANCE

yes I did apply for TDIU and was denied, Also I am drawing SS now. I KNOW I CAN'T DRAW BOTH, but, I was thinking, and maybe I am wrong. If I had SSD would that has help on my TDIU. I think I have read on here where someone had SSD and it help their claim. I don't know, this is so confusing. But Monday week , 28 July I shall see just where I stand. It just seem unfair to a person who get disable 5 years after they retire, they aren't eligible for SSD. OK, this my vent for today. everyone have a great day.

Well here is my up date: I went to the SS office for my appointment, not what I expected. Any way sat there and let the lady ask me questions, that she already knew the answers to. Well about 15 minutes into the interview she stooped mad copies and the told me I did not quality for SSI or SSD. This time it wasn't because I havn't worked in 5 YEARS. It was, I have not paid enough quarters into SS to get disability. I asked just how many quarters was required she said 40. then I asked how many I have paid in, she went to another statements. over all I think this is just BS . They even counted my VA disability as income and the IRS don't when I file my taxes.

Ok that enough for me, I think they have won this one, just so tired of it all.

thanks for all who have commented on here.

Hollis

If your goal is to get approved for TDIU, You can go to a vocational rehabilitation counselor either private or through VA, And have them write you up a statement that you are "unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities". Then submit to VA.

Sorry things didn't go well at Social Security.

• HadIt.com Elder

Be sure and get a lawyer to help with SSD. If you worked at anything in last 5 years use that date. There are many who have overcome the 5 year rule for SSD but used a lawyer to do it. You can also write your Congress Critter and ask them to help you.

Pete53 Be sure and get a lawyer to help with SSD. If you worked at anything in last 5 years use that date. There are many who have overcome the 5 year rule for SSD but used a lawyer to do it.

Many veterans overlook this part. SSA is supposed to use both the veterans military and civilian career.