Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Are Saying The New Vets Bill Is A Sham Passed Senate

Stretch

• In Memoriam

This could be a political site, but I can see some since in what is said.

Sanders opposed the Choice Card until the final negotiations and inserted language in the bill that would make it almost impossible to use the card. That’s deliberate. Unions have fought every program to use civilian care. Nine of Sanders’ top 10 campaign donors are unions.

Even Republican lawmakers are rushing to pass this sham bill. On Thursday, the House Committee on Veterans Affairs held a hearing, but not much hearing occurred. The reception was hostile when I testified how the bill’s actual language protects union jobs, not sick vets.

http://humanevents.com/2014/06/18/sandersmccain-va-reform-bill-a-sham/

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

All of this rush to create an illusion of action

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

All of this rush to create an illusion of action

• HadIt.com Elder

This is what I was afraid of even if the VA created a card to let vets choose to get care from civilian doctors. I thought the VA would put so much red tape and restrictions on the card no provide,r or vet would use it. The VA has been a sort of welfare jobs programs for many political appointees and for a host of do-nothing managers. It is also the elephant graveyard for old doctors who retire from their practice and go to the VA and get on the gravy train.

I was on federal workers compensation for a number of injuries I got on the job. Federal worker's compensation (OWCP) is so difficult to use and such a headache that almost no providers in my city would accept OWCP patients. The OWCP was always reluctant to pay them. When I would go to the pharmacy to get pill OWCP would deny my scripts. There was always something wrong with the bills the doctors who did accept OWCP sent in for payment.

I am afraid that is happening with the VA and their "card". I am not 40 miles from the VA. I am housebound but only 20 miles from the VA. How will the VA monitor who is X numbers of days late for a VA appointment? What about reimbursement rates? Would the VA use medicare rates or some rate they dream up themselves. You know many doctors will not accept medicade because the reimbursement rates are so low. You notice Medicare only pays 80% of allowable charges. You pay the rest or your medigap policy does. The VA can find a hundred ways to sabatoge the "VA Card". So many people have a vested interest in keeping the VA what it is today I think there will have to be many more scandals to come.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have ever tried to call the VA you know that a regular Doc will not put up with waiting for a long time to get a low fee for their service. Also prior approval and VA having to ok everything is not going to work