Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Are My Records "flagged"?

Rate this question

Motherof3

Question

I went to my County Clerks Office to get my Disability Placard. I asked if there was a discount for Disabled Veterans. I was asked for my 100% P&T Letter. I walked down the sidewalk to request a copy. Was advised they could call for me to get on the phone and request a copy of my Disability Letter be faxed while I wait. So, I get on the phone and the gentleman advises me that my record is "secured" and he can't assist me. I ask why. He states he doesn't know; maybe if I was a POW, had a security clearance. He transfers me. I'm asked the same question, and I ask why is my record "flagged". Same answer. So she gets my basic information: name, social, address. And faxes me my letter.

SO WHY AM I "FLAGGED"?

Phones extremely busy today. I will be calling Monday morning.

Any thoughts? Anyone experience the same when calling the Veterans Administration 800 number?

• In Memoriam

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• In Memoriam

Sorry, I didn't realize how political this site is. It does give up some information.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

If you've ever worked for the VA or had a lawyer represent you for a VA claim, the VA makes you a level "7" access, which means only a higher level supervisor can access your claim/file. They do that to be sure there are less errors in your claim and/or file.

pr

I also think they do that for trouble makers too!

Edited by Philip Rogers

Is it flagged or sensitive? Sensitive means that only certain people have access to it. A vamc employee is sensitive six. A varo employee is sen 7. A vet with private attorney with fee agreement is sensitive 7. This means only certain people can access or work the claim. Relatives of varo employees are sensitive as well. Their folders are moved from local RO to sharing RO. It takes forever for me to get a response when I call or do an iris because my case is sensitive. Jmho.

JT24usn: you may be right. I think the word they used was "sensitive". I did carry a Top Secret clearance while active. And they both said security clearance level was a pssbility. But, they should be able to explain why this change in access has taken place. I have been out of the service since 1997.