Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Are My Records "flagged"?

Rate this question

Motherof3

Question

I went to my County Clerks Office to get my Disability Placard. I asked if there was a discount for Disabled Veterans. I was asked for my 100% P&T Letter. I walked down the sidewalk to request a copy. Was advised they could call for me to get on the phone and request a copy of my Disability Letter be faxed while I wait. So, I get on the phone and the gentleman advises me that my record is "secured" and he can't assist me. I ask why. He states he doesn't know; maybe if I was a POW, had a security clearance. He transfers me. I'm asked the same question, and I ask why is my record "flagged". Same answer. So she gets my basic information: name, social, address. And faxes me my letter.

SO WHY AM I "FLAGGED"?

Phones extremely busy today. I will be calling Monday morning.

Any thoughts? Anyone experience the same when calling the Veterans Administration 800 number?

• HadIt.com Elder

I originally became a level seven when I won my claim at the BVA, retroactive 10yrs. At that time, I hadn't used an attorney, yet. I figured they just flagged me because they knew, I knew my VA claim stuff. I think it's kinda like law enforcement. I'm sure they know who you are when they stop you, even before they ask. And if you're an a**hole, I'm sure you're flagged, in the computer, so the next guy knows what he's dealing with. ;-) VA probably does the same sh*t. It could be the security clearance issue, too. I think they flag you if a congressperson is helping, also. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Like all the other weasel tricks by VA flagging a Veteran is one of them. You could ask for an Administrative Hearing to request that you not be flagged.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I don't understand why a security clearance would bump up a vet's C-file sensitivity unless the vet had classified or sensitive parts of his or her record. Personally, I would hope that everyone's record would be considered sensitive! Anyone know?

How do you find out what your sensitivity rating is?

Meanwhile, Motherof3, can you use the letters generated out of eBenefits? Or are those considered too unofficial for some reason and the letter must come directly from the VARO?

Edited by TiredCoastie