Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So I Got A Big White Envelope Today

Rate this question

NFLFan1980

Question

and not a big brown envelope but from what I understand it doesn't matter. However on my notification letter it gives me the combined rating and all the disabilities but it doesn't mention the disability rating for each. Also I don't see any mention of permanent or any mention of re evaluations or anything. There's also no mention of the back pay amount. The have the effective dates and the rates and I can figure it out on my own but i'd thought they'd have a total figure on there.

It was just six pages and that's it.

Am I supposed to be getting another package of information? I can't go into Ebenefits because I can't register because i'm not in deers which is weird because i'm a vet and now working as a DOD civilian so I got to wait until I get back to work later next week so I can use my CAC card. I just want to know what my individual ratings are.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

First of all, congratulations. Second, the rating letter has always told me what my new percentage is, and the effective date, so the back pay is usually the time duration in between multiplied by the difference in the O rate vs. the N rate. Going forward from its effective date is when the new rate should take effect. Any back pay I have ever gotten was usually DD'd within 2-3 weeks, but ive never had more than about 1500 in back pay. If you are due for a larger amount 1. dont spend it all in one place :-) and 2. it may take longer.

Good luck!

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Thanks, i'm relatively new to dealing with the VA (less than a year) so it's good to come here and get advice/info from seasoned va vets. I'm just going to treat each month's pay as a bonus and put it into an emergency fund. I'm just glad this claim process is over and I got an overall rating that is pretty much accurate to how I feel.

• In Memoriam

Congratulation.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Your missing the rating part of your letter where they give the the rationale /detail. I had the same experience, I had to drive 100 miles to the RO to make them print out a duplicate. Was not happy but that part is important when your trying to appeal

2004-06= 0%

2006-13= 10%

2013-14= 30%

2014-17= 90%

2017= 100%                  

2018 = 100% PT (still at BVA)

Well I got the page that says "what we decided" and there's three colums with the issue's/contentions, percent assignment and effective date and underneath that it says explanation. I've got all my issues listed with just the one percentage of 70% in the second column. Now I know I got 50% for PTSD because when I was at work last Wednesday, I went into apply for benefits and several pages in it listed my issues but I only saw 50% for PTSD and 70% overall, so i'm interested in finding out what makes up the rest of the 20%.

I'm going to call them tommorow and if they don't mail me out the pages i'm missing i'm just going to drive the 2 hours and get it myself.