VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Dav Did Me Again!

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

So I get my new SO with the AL, but before that I FAXED my NOD with a request for a DRO hearing and the correct VA form for the NOD, I had a cover letter addressed to the VARO.

So Friday I get a letter from the DAV GUESS WHAT THE DAV DID!!!!

THE DAV SO SENT IN MY DOCUMENTS AS A "RECONSIDERATION" WTF!!!!!

Attached is the letter I received from the DAV on Friday.

Hugh

APPEAL AVOIDANCE PROGRAM PRAYTELL???? They should call it the backpay avoidance program. what a crock of BS.

I met with the ALSO on Monday, signed the POA, but I had faxed my NOD DRO hearing to the DAV prior to meeting the ALSO. I just received the letter Friday from the DAV that on July 3rd they filed a Reconsideration. I was told by the DAV one week ago they did not have the NOD documents I mailed them on June 23rd.

I just read in benefits the case in now in the Preparation for Notification Phase.

Hugh

Something is fishy, so they are already deciding the claim that the DAV had reopened on July 3rd and claim they didnt get your NOD? VA only moves that fast to help themselves. Looks like they figured out you caught on.,

Edited by 63SIERRA

I helped a Marine get SC for HCV back in 09. He'd been depending on them to do this since 02 and AL had been dogging him and wasn't returning his phone calls. His wife subtly began doing it herself w/o them. We got all the way to the BVA and a win pro se. He gets 100% plus a slew of secondaries in late 2010. ALSO calls up for the congratulatory attaboy and asked if he could drop by for a photo with Tom for his trophy wall. The wife took the phone away from Tombo and told the gomer to piss off. I've heard of at least 10 others. Once they get the hook set, they think they can strike any bargain they want w/o your input. Hundreds of thousands of Vets have been sold down the river this way- all for lack of rudimentary courtesies any attorney would accord you.

In 1992, I had DAV on my back claim. I read about the "BVA hearing" in 2009 when I got my c-file. The gomer pleaded with the VLJ for "benefit of the doubt". No discussion on the medical evidence. Not one word about all the SMRs showing mega radiculopathy from L5/S1 into left leg. We try to tell you- they have no legal training. You might as well do it yourself and take lessons here on how to-assuming you have a desire to win a difficult claim.

Tbird started this thing for a reason. If 85% of us are ending up drilling a dry hole, we need a little more than "Here. Fill this out. I'll be your rep." Finesse is not a talent. Technique is.

a

I helped a Marine get SC for HCV back in 09. He'd been depending on them to do this since 02 and AL had been dogging him and wasn't returning his phone calls. His wife subtly began doing it herself w/o them. We got all the way to the BVA and a win pro se. He gets 100% plus a slew of secondaries in late 2010. ALSO calls up for the congratulatory attaboy and asked if he could drop by for a photo with Tom for his trophy wall. The wife took the phone away from Tombo and told the gomer to piss off. I've heard of at least 10 others. Once they get the hook set, they think they can strike any bargain they want w/o your input. Hundreds of thousands of Vets have been sold down the river this way- all for lack of rudimentary courtesies any attorney would accord you.

In 1992, I had DAV on my back claim. I read about the "BVA hearing" in 2009 when I got my c-file. The gomer pleaded with the VLJ for "benefit of the doubt". No discussion on the medical evidence. Not one word about all the SMRs showing mega radiculopathy from L5/S1 into left leg. We try to tell you- they have no legal training. You might as well do it yourself and take lessons here on how to-assuming you have a desire to win a difficult claim.

Tbird started this thing for a reason. If 85% of us are ending up drilling a dry hole, we need a little more than "Here. Fill this out. I'll be your rep." Finesse is not a talent. Technique is.

a

Yes a hard lesion to learn!!!

Hugh