Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sc Awarded, No Brown Envelope

Rate this topic

jony10

Hello everyone,

My Case finally wrapped up the last week of April. Beginning in June I was awarded 1/2 the months pay I was scheduled to receive but I thought nothing of it as I was glad to be receiving anything at all. I waited and waited for the Big Brown envelope but nothing has yet to appear in my mailbox. It says that I have The SC in ebenefits but I have yet to receive anything at all. I haven't received any back pay either. My case was opened on sep 2013. Last month I finally received my first payment in the incorrect amount it was $200 short, maybe they're taxing it I don t know, but If you have any suggestions on what I can do to see what happened anything is appreciated . Thank You in advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

Call 1 800 827 1000 and ask for a copy of the decision.

They cannot hold taxes as comp is tax free.

J

Did you claim any dependents? If so, when you call the 800 number also ask if the award included your dependents. This may account for some of the shortage.

Good luck to you.

Thank you all for your help. I tried to get a hold of the number but it just places me on hold forever lol. Im trying everyday. Unfortunately I did receive a severance check when I was discharged from the military. I have been doing some research and found out that I have to pay it back. I think that my back pay would have covered it. Does anyone know how I can check the balance? I've tried Ebenefits to no help. Thank you once again for all your help.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use