Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Notes

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

I see that many of you that have had c&p exams have received the notes from the examiner already and wanted to know where you got the notes from and how to obtain them for myself. I had my exam done on the 21st @ QTC medical facility. I have a myhealthevet premium account and I don't see anything in my notes for that date alone with about two other doctors notes. I'm just curious on how I can get a copy.

Yeah unfortunately the process is different for getting those exam notes depending on if it was done at the VA or done by outside contractors such as QTC.

If they were done by VA, You can usually go on E benefits to my healthy vet under notes & they are there three days after the examination. Or if you want to go in person then you can go to the release of information office at the hospital And fill out a short form requesting a copy.

However if it's done by an outside contractor such as QTC it is not that simple. Some have said you can write a letter to your regional office requesting a copy of the exam. But others have said the regional office won't release a copy of the exam until it has been rated. And others have said they were mailed a copy of the QTC exam along with the rating decision. If you have a VSO ask if they can help you get a copy of it. And some have just gone in person to regional office and been able to get a copy that way. There does not seem to be a consistent procedure among the different regional offices

Good advice given above for QTC, as far as Evidence if you submit any evidence then the VA will move your claim to a traditional claim vs FDC, which will prolong your claim bud. Only you can decide what is best for you, and how long you are willing to wait.

Awe wish I would have seen this post before I submitted paperwork earlier today which they asked for. Guess it will take forever and a day now. My claims are still in the gathering evidence and review of evidence stages as of right now. Ithere is no turning back now. And thanks for the QTC response I wrote a letter and sent it off as that's what i was told to do by the rep on the 1800 line. I wish I could go to the RO but it's in Houston and I'm in San Antonio the drive is kind of long guess I will have to wait and see what happens which is racking my nerves a little. Thing about just getting a VSO to handle things. Mine as we'll try to put in a claim for unemployability now since the fdc is out of the window.