Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sc Granted On Appeal From 2010, Now What?

Rate this topic

So, my appeal for service connection left extremity radiculopathy was approved today, sent back to the RO. Now what? Already rated for my right extremity (10%). Is that bilateral factor now? I'm rated 80% now. Does this make a difference at all?

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Each nerve is to be rated separately. Look for an increase.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Back to 2010? Since I'm already 10% for one, at 80% total would 10% make a change?

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Brokensoldier, the really sad thing is that the RO may come back and say that this new 10% does not raise your overall combined rating. I truly hope I am wrong but I never put anything past VA. Still the waiting game.

Good advice given above, and worse case you could also be given a SC of 0%. I have had surgeries on both knees. When I was medically retired last year from the Navy the VA only granted SC to my R Knee at 0%. When I submitted my last FDC back in SEP 13, the VA granted 10% for R Knee but for new condition of Painful Motion, WTH, totally different diagnoses as the 0% that the VA had SC me for. SO I submitted a new FDC in Jun 14, for an Increase on the 0%, and bilateral increase on the 10% granted for my R Knee. The VA has always been known to pull the Old Switcharoo when it comes to conditions that can be rated as different conditions, then in the end still rate them all as 0%. Just wait and see what happens bud, don't assume the worst. God Bless and good luck. Keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Will do. Ill let y'all know over the next few months. Funny how that appeal screen is the one that finished first, once I stopped checking on it once a month or so.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use