Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing For Ui Help!

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

Hello my fellow vets...I have a question. I would like to apply for UI although I haven't had a job since I got out in 2013. I have been on interviews but my anxiety level and everything has always been against me during the interview process and I never get a call back. Will this be a issue for me not having employment since my medical retirement? I meet all other requirements and am currently on ssdi just need this clarified.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I never got any paperwork telling me what disabilities they were awarding me or the percentages. I gave them the paperwork from the VA rating that I received when I got out of the army and that was it. They then sent me correspondence telling me what I was awarded each month and that was it, there was no breakdown of anything. Should I call them and have them send me something with that information on there?

me1984,

we are all here to help guide ya brother. We all would be remiss if we didn't get more information from you. We need to know what your VA percentages are and what you are being compensated for. Having been on SSDI, is helpful but it depends. Is your SSDi based solely on service connected disabilities or just partially?

inorder to get TDIU, you must have at least 1 disability rated at 70%, I believe or combo to be 70%. I'm not trying to give bum scoop. If you are low on the VA compensation, then you will have to have increases before inorder to meet TDIU minimum guidelines.

I'm sure others will help chine in with the TDIU regs. I'm sorry if any information I'm giving is incorrect. I'm not trying to lead you astray, but help you become successful in whatever you are trying to achieve.

You don't need contact SSDI. You just let examiner on your C&P know that your are receiving SSDI and for what and for how long.

We need to know the disability percentages the Army gave you if you if you don't know them. THis would be very helpful..

Oh ok 50% MDD, 30% migraine disorder, 30% asthma, 10 lumbar facet syndrome 10 % left hip flexor tendinitis, 10% chronic sinusitis, 10%planter fasciitis,