VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mi 100% Sc Or Tdiu Property Tax Exemption 2013-2014

2013, those Rascally Republicans passed a Property Tax exemption for 2013 and subsequent years. Then in Dec 2013, they extended the filing deadline till 07/2014. Who said Republican don't have a heart?????The Tax Credit for disabled Vets is and was good, but this is Great. BIIIIIIIIIIIG HELP!

Note: Even if your not rated 100% SC or TDIU T&P you may still be eligible if you have a "Denial Letter" from VA Vocational Rehabilitation, indicating that because of your SC conditions, you are precluded from participating in VA Vocational Rehab.

You won't be able to get 2013, but you might be able to get 2014 if filed with taxing authority before last Tax Board meeting for 2014, and definitely 2015 and later.

Semper Fi

Gastone

That's why I love and live in Texas. This state has been Tax Free for 100% disabled Vets for a long time. I get free plates for my Vehicles too.

Nevada is the same for property taxes with the exception of "special" assements. This year my tax went from right at 800 to 138. However I can only use it in one county here. We also get to use whatever is left on vehicles and get our disabled vet plates greatly reduced.