VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine Medication?

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I am also SC for migraines and don't mean to pry, but what type of over the counter migraine medications have you been prescribed? They send me imitrex / sumitriptan pills, have been give the same med by injection in the ER, but someone I know said I would get faster relief with something called Maxalt tablets that dissolve in your mouth. Not meaning to hijack this topic...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I claimed them, I just had the C&p exam on Friday. I've taken so many medications I can't even remember including injections. I haven't received my military records yet but hopefully they come on soon. Thanks yall!!!!!

Emerald, Were you not given a copy of your military records when you got out? I thought theVA and DOD had a transition process. Those medical records are absolutely essential to dealing with the VA. You MUST get a copy of them! Every week that goes by without them is another week that the VA has to lose them, shread them or put them in someone else's c-file. Getting a complete copy of them should be #1 on your list of things to do. Just look at all of the hadit posts about delayed and denied claims based on missing service medical records. IHD was added to the Agent Orange presumtive list in just recently. What diseases, damage, and/or hidden medical condition are going to be discovered over the next 40 years? This is something YOU have got to take responsibility for getting. You appear young, beautiful, and healthy in your photo. that won't last forever! Do you plan on having children? Some Vietnam veterans had genetic damage resulting in multiple birth defects such as spina bifida! You need to be prepared. GET THOSE MEDICAL RECORDS--NOW! Get all of your SMRs also--NOW. The VA is scanning everything into digital formal. What do you think they are going to do with the originals--gift wrap them and send them back to you.

I have been service-connected analogous to migraines for 41 years with the last 34 being 100% TDIU. That adds up to over a million dollars as well as approximately $250,000 for Imitrex. I injected Imitrex twice a day for 20 years. Now I literally have a broken heart. Any questions--PM me.

• 6 months later...

Hi saw this old post and wanted to add Oxygen helps me with my Migraines. I am SC for Migraines secondary to SC Hypertension. They hurt so bad it keeps me in the dark room for 1-2 days when I am not able to use injections and oxygen. Hope this helps it is worth trying.

• 2 weeks later...

oldman273,

I never thought about adding O2 to a headache regimen. I'm going to ask my provider about it. Thanks!