VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Hearing Test Next 21 Aug

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Well here I am sitting here and got my mail today and I got another C&P on my hearing. Now that not the problem, the problem is where I will have to travel to take it. I live in Midland Ga. and my test is in Ft. Rucker Al.. I live about 30 miles from Ft. Benning Army Base and maybe 45-50 from Tuskegee AL. where I normally would go since that is where it all started. So can anyone tell me why I have to travel well over 100 miles for this. And the appointment is at 11:00 AM.

Thanks for the support on this site

well I like boomer2 saying, But I know that not going to happen. I got and increase in my rating a few months back, But my hearing was down graded from 40% to 20% and I asked for reconsideration, So I guess this why I am going to FT Rucker for a new hearing test. As of now I am 90% disable so even if I get 50% back it will not go over 95% so I still be 90%. but the overall numbers will be higher. I will post back once I have the test and get a reply back from the rating person.

Good luck to you and your hearing test....It seems odd that they will send you that far away to get the test. Will they put you up in a hotel for the night so you can make the appointment in the morning?

Yes Barbamatt I will be able to drive there it's only 120 miles from home. So I will get up early and hit the road and be there on time. With the rating I have now the total comes up to 90.4= 90% but if I get back to 50% for my hearing the number will be 93.4 still be 90%, but anything else over 20% will give me the golden number of 100%.

well the last 2 days has been hell, sort of, Yesterday went to the VA Hospital in Montgomery AL. I did not know what this was about till I got into the Doc examining room. Well it was because of my primary VA doc . Anyway it was about my prostate to be examine. It seem my psa was a little high, The chart was showing over 4 is high, mine was 5.6. The Doc said that was normal for my age, and no other visit needed and to do the test again in 6 months.

Today was my new C&P hearing test, If you remember it was lowered from 50%( hearing loss and tinnitus) to 20% . It wasn't to my surprise that they pull the chart from 2011 hearing test and compared it to today test, wow I am now one whole decible lower on my hearing. I asked the hearing Doc what he thought after I told him why I was there, he said this should in his opinion get it back up to where it was or more. So now I will sit and wait.