VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Information And Recent Experience.

Rate this question

Gastone

Question

DRO Hearing information (current) seems difficult to come by! Over the past 3 years, I don't recall seeing any current DRO information posted. Maybe I just wasn't searching properly. I had no trouble finding VA Appeals Court decisions, but no actual DRO Hearing Cases or statistics. I think most Vets are like myself, we need to know what exactly happens at a DRO Hearing as well as the rules and regs governing the hearing process. As in my case, I had 3 separate free consults with different law firms, got 2 different answers. 2 wanted me to cancel DRO request and proceed to VET Court and 1 said stay the course with DRO. I opted for DRO Hearing pending since 2010, rep'd myself and go both NOD's handled at the same hearing. Had I gone with the VA Court option, at least another yer or so.

Maybe I just don't know how to search for the current DRO info. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Good information.

Thanks...

DRO Hearing information (current) seems difficult to come by! Over the past 3 years, I don't recall seeing any current DRO information posted. Maybe I just wasn't searching properly. I had no trouble finding VA Appeals Court decisions, but no actual DRO Hearing Cases or statistics.

CAVC and BVA claims are posted on the internet, DRO Hearings/ Claims and results, are not posted on the internet.

I see that Berta has already provided a link for you regarding the DRO process.

Thanks for input. My DRO Hearing was 06/27/14, I opted for "Informal Hearing." Was not recorded due to "Informal" decision. However, the DRO advised me that I could go "Formal" with VA recording as well as me making a personal recording, at any time during the hearing. I had researched your mentioned sources, CAVC, BVA Decisions and M21-1MR. I had even filed an official request for an "Informal Conference, 02/2014. I was awarded SC on all NOD Issues to include IU, so as far as my situation, I'm all good!

My issue is lack of searchable DRO Decisions for fellow Veterans to review. I work with a couple fellow Nam Vets locally, and a few online. All the above court case decisions are good, but most Vets would like to know more up-to-date info on the DRO hearing process. I think the DRO Hearing, if used properly can shave years off a Vets Appeal. In my own case, 2 NOD's 2010 & 2012. Had I not opted for the "Informal Hearing" at the scheduled hearing, according to the DRO, he would have only addressed issues raised in my 1st 2010 NOD. The DRO process worked great for me, but I'd like to be able to cite stats and refer to specific claims. VET's need to have recent DRO Process results, both awards and denials. They need all the claims information possible before making making DRO or BVA Appeals Decisions. They can't always be sure that the VSO's or Legal Eagles are making the best possible recommendations regarding their appeal.

Thanks

Semper Fi

Gastone

I flew one way 500 miles to St Pete for a DRO meeting.

I presented 2 new pieces of evidence.

They still severed my service connection.

In their final paperwork they made a one line acknowledgement of the new evidence but, they totally ignored it's value.

In my NOD I based my case entirely on the 2 new pieces of evidence and asked for a SOC that specifically addressed the new evidence.

And that my friends is where it died.

No SOC means no BVA...........

Congressional letter still under construction.